silver NR and Kanthal ribbon wire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
im hearing a lot of talk about using ribbon wire in rba's for better taste and overall hit. i wanted to try it out and have a few questions.

1. what is the difference between kanthal a-1 ribbon wire and kanthal d? and is there any place to buy that is trustworthy?

2. what size silver wire should i get if i normally build .5-.7 ohm dual coil setups on an ithaka?

3. is there any health concerns between using kanthal a-1 or d? is the composition different?

i only saw one company selling kanthal a-1 ribbon wire, and when i clicked on their juice collection they had a bottle of bobas bounty for sale but it was not in aliens bottle so i am suspicious, any recommendations?

thanks all for the help

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Using nr-r-nr coils is way too much work for me. I never use nr wire in Vivi Nova, Protank AGA-T2 or Cobra RBAs and have no issues with my choice.. What are you using that need nr wire? Doesn't seem I answered any of your questions, but didn't mean to rant.

i use a GG odysseus, penelope, and ithaka. they all require nr-r-nr. i saw a lot of videos of people saying ribbon wire is the way to go but i didnt want to buy a low grade kanthal that could be toxic or bad for you. i always buy a1 regular wire because i was told thats the best, but for ribbon wire i cannot find it in a1

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread