I got better flavour and vapour from Kayfun v4 than Subtank Mini .. what may cause that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
Yeah it should! The rba deck on the sub tank is a killer,because of the notches to capture the coil legs. ( the other company's should copy this design). Another real important point to getting the STM performance is the wicking! I use KGD cotton and make my "worm wick" with it,and find the wicking to be perfect ( for me anyway). Never a dry hit! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Remko

Feb 9, 2015
AL
Whats wrong on my RBA setup ? I am using the pre-build spaced RBA 0.5 ohm coil (measured as 0.6 ohm on my mod) with KGD cotton and vaping at 20 watts I can only take around 3 seconds pulls mostly before it starts to be unpleasable and somewhat too hot. Also the vapour isn't good as well. I am vaping with the biggest airflow open .. what actually sucks on it ?
As you can see I am trying to keep the juice channels free and etc. I am not sure what cause that ... I tried multiple times to build it with more or less cotton and etc but its the same ... Any ideas what to change ? Any ideas on a build actually ?

u2gJHYa.jpg

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
Whats wrong on my RBA setup ? I am using the pre-build spaced RBA 0.5 ohm coil (measured as 0.6 ohm on my mod) with KGD cotton and vaping at 20 watts I can only take around 3 seconds pulls mostly before it starts to be unpleasable and somewhat too hot. Also the vapour isn't good as well. I am vaping with the biggest airflow open .. what actually sucks on it ?
As you can see I am trying to keep the juice channels free and etc. I am not sure what cause that ... I tried multiple times to build it with more or less cotton and etc but its the same ... Any ideas what to change ? Any ideas on a build actually ?

u2gJHYa.jpg

one thats Nichrome wire in there, if its the stock coil, and that will taste different than Kanthal, 2 if you want to push more watts for more heat (more flavor) then make just a bit bigger coil, cuase you'll need more cotton in the coil for that, iirc thats a 2mil coil i usually use a 2.5 and 3 mil coils will fit, just thin out the cotton that will be on the deck to what you have now

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I can understand but I thought Subtank Mini should be better but I can see both are almost equal. Do you have both to compare as well and let me know please?

I mean i really need to know if its normal or if my Subtank mini build sucks and thats what cause it ...

The subtank is a clearo, with a rebuildable head option.
The kayfun v4 is a full scale rebuildable with a bigger build deck.

It's like compareing a pickup to a 5 ton truck; the average joe wants the pickup because it's multipurpose, but the serious trucker wants the full on 5 ton truck

Last edited:

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
I have found that for me, a big factor in the flavor of a device has a lot to do with how saturated the cotton stays...with the ST Mini, wicking becomes critical...I slightly deepened and smoothed my juice channels with a mini hack saw...helped a great deal with wicking and flavor. If you are using the occ coils, a lot of them seem to be too packed with cotton, what really helps them is to take a medium sized needle and poke it through the cotton, from one side to the other, when they are saturated...then they wick much better. Better flavor and they keep up with chain vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread