i got my first dripper today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just got my omega drip tip in today, but I'm in some dire need of instruction...I'm able to get better hits outta my protaank with aero base...it looks like there is 3 adjuster screw of some sort...and the hits seem really harsh...any kinda tips for use would b appreciated, like volts or watts how much liquid to use etc

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Um....hmmm

So, are you vaping it with a coil that it came set up with them? RDAs or drippers have to be set up with a coil which will heat up and vaporize the ejuice and some sort of wick which will hold the ejuice and bring it to the coil. Those three posts are what deliver current to the coil making it heat up, the center is the positive and runs all the way through the RDA to what is called the post which connects to your battery (i.e. ego, ego twist, vamo, whatever you happen to have). The other posts are negative posts which are connected to the other side of your coil completing the circuit so that electricity can run through the coil heating it up.

You need to drip a few drops, just enough to thorougly moisten the wick, and then you can fire your mod to vape. If you aren't getting good vapor, flavor, etc. I am guessing it is because you are using whatever it came set up with. You need to do some research, watch youtube vids, ask questions here, etc. to learn how to wrap your own coils and wick them correctly but first you need to understand what a "dripper" or RDA is and then go from there.

Hope this helps at least a little. It may sound overwhelming but you'll pick it up quickly I'm sure.

BTW- a "drip tip" is what goes in your mouth, that little piece at the very top that can be pulled off and changed. Lots of lingo and stuff that goes with vaping, you'll pick it up as you go along!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Just trying to be helpful:

Go to youtube and watch videos from Todd (todd ecig reviews), Grimmgreen, RipTripper, Vaping420, etc. and sit though the "up close" segments. Once you watch a few you'll have a much better understing of the parts of an RDA, how and why they are important, what a coil is and how to wrap one, how to wick, etc.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
You adjust an RDA in many ways. If it happens to have adjustable airflow then you can easily do that, it will be a ring in the outside cap you can turn to match differnt size holes up or something like that. The other ways to adjust come from how you wrap that coil I mentioned (how many wraps, how big around the wraps are, what resistance the wire is you wrap it out of, etc.), how you wick the coil (simple cotton ball cotton threaded through the coil, silika you wrapped the coil around, etc.), where you place that coil (high, low, in front of air hole, etc.), what voltage or wattage you set your PV on, what juice you put in it, and other factors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread