I got one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
I've had my eye on the GG since I started vaping a year and a half ago, and had promised myself one as a 6-months-tobacco-free gift, then a birthday gift, then a Christmas gift, then a 1-year-tobacco-free gift, but never managed to have the funds available at the same time the GG was.

I bought one yesterday! I have the confirmation number and everything.

I don't even have batteries for it yet, or anything. Not so much as a tracking number. But I had to come here and squee, because as supportive and indulgent as my close friends are, they just don't understand why an expensive lump of metal has me breaking out into random fits of bat-stunning squeaky noises.

Now I get to start saving up for the iAtty and UFS and, and, and...

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Owow Jaka, congratz on being smoke free ! And on getting your GG as well.

I'm eyeing the GG's as well. :drool:

I'm at 10 months now. :) I just love saying that.

It's totally drool-worthy, and now with the stainless version, you don't even have to worry about polishing it once you wipe off the drool. :p

Congrats on 10 months! Isn't it grand?

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Ohhh, yeah. I'm looking forward to the feed system. I'm still trying to sort all that out, though. There's the AVS and AVS2 and AFS and UFS and now I need to lie down because my head is spinning and I don't know what's compatible with what I just bought...

I had just got an eGo-T atty and tanks for my eGo passthru, because it's dangerous to drip and drive! :grin: I'm hoping I can use those on the GGTS to get an idea of what feed-vaping is like, although honestly I can't imagine it will be as nice because the GG stuff is so beautifully engineered that I doubt a mass-produced automatic feed could be comparable. As soon as I figure out how the 2011 stainless GGTS is different from the one I originally researched, and what all the acronyms mean now, I'll be making one of them my Christmas present to myself.

After that, it's the user-serviceable iAtty. My goal is to replace every disposable part I can with repairable parts instead. If I can get my e-cig disposable-item purchases down to buying my favorite liquids every month and a handful of off-the-shelf batteries from an electronic supply outlet once a year, I'll be thrilled.

And if I can find a way to run the GGTS off a 5v USB current so I can power it from one of my hand-cranked hurricane radios, I can give away the disposables in my emergency kit to smoker friends, because I'll finally feel satisfied that I'll never be forced to run to the corner store for smokes again -- not even when another hurricane takes the power out for 2 weeks again.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Imeo Himself! *glee*

This is an awesome thing you've created, sir. My father is an engineer, so I grew up with an appreciation for good design, and the GG is excellent design. The base concept of a nearly-indestructible e-cig with all user-serviceable parts was beautifully executed, but when I see the things you've added since I researched it last, like the collection tank, and the new items like the iAtty and magnetic switch, I'm left in awe. Few projects ever manage to expand and complicate an initial product that much and keep the integrity of the original inspiration, but your GG just seems to get closer to its ideal with every iteration instead.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Your best bet on a feeder will be the UFS which should be back in stock soon. I LOVE my UFS. The AVS is awesome with punched kr808 cartos at 6v, but they are much harder to come by as they are no longer being produced. The AFS is a combo of an AVS with catch tank for all mods and is also no longer being produced.

IF you have eGo's you are a 510 vaper, go for the UFS. It has air and liquid control. It is the best feeder out there IMHO. The only thing that could bump it off as the top is possibly the Multi-I-Atty (Iatty2) once it is released, but we really do not know much about it yet.

As far as using your eGo T attys on your GGTS, you will have to get one each of the following adapters, 1 510 to 901, 1 901 to 510, and 1 510 to eGo. All this will do is bring the ego T atty above the catch tank lid, but it will still not allow you to use the air control. You could also remove the catch tank and use a 510 to 510 adapter or 510 to ego adapter to raise the connection. Sorry if that burst your bubble a bit. :(

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Congrats and welcome.

As for feed systems the AVS is a feed system that attaches directly to your collector tank on your GGTS designed to be used with 510 or 901/808 stuff depending on which connector you have. If you have both it will use both. The AFS is in many ways just an avs with a connector that will work on any 901 battery/mod (assuming it doesn't have a deep catch cup)

The UFS was the evolution of the AVS it improved on some areas the AVS/AFS.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Your best bet on a feeder will be the UFS which should be back in stock soon. I LOVE my UFS. The AVS is awesome with punched kr808 cartos at 6v, but they are much harder to come by as they are no longer being produced. The AFS is a combo of an AVS with catch tank for all mods and is also no longer being produced.

IF you have eGo's you are a 510 vaper, go for the UFS. It has air and liquid control. It is the best feeder out there IMHO. The only thing that could bump it off as the top is possibly the Multi-I-Atty (Iatty2) once it is released, but we really do not know much about it yet.

As far as using your eGo T attys on your GGTS, you will have to get one each of the following adapters, 1 510 to 901, 1 901 to 510, and 1 510 to eGo. All this will do is bring the ego T atty above the catch tank lid, but it will still not allow you to use the air control. You could also remove the catch tank and use a 510 to 510 adapter or 510 to ego adapter to raise the connection. Sorry if that burst your bubble a bit. :(

Wonderfully helpful rundown of the feed systems, thanks!

The eGo usage is mostly a result of limited resources. I'd just moved up to 510s when I lost my job, so I had to just hang in there and hope things didn't break too often. I don't even have an eGo kit, just the passthrough; I only branched that far because my 510 passthrough shorted and I liked the combo portable/passthrough idea, and could justify it because it meant buying one item instead of two. Then I quit using the regular 510s entirely, because the 1000 mAh eGos last me all day in combo on/off USB usage.

I loved my Joye Stick, but the button went glitchy and that cemented my resolve not to buy into a new system until I could go for the GG. I have a handful of adapters I bought for it -- 901, 510, 808d1, m401, each with a different atty personality and different favorite juices for each atty -- and a dozen or so of its 801 attys.

For the last 11 months, through a combination of tough times and apathy, it's been straight MadVapes Cherry Blossom on a 510 of some kind. I've been getting bored and almost resentful about vaping the same thing the same way all the time. I'm hoping that the GG will give me back some of my delight in vaping. I've never stepped away from the 3.6 voltage range, unless you count an occasional LR dalliance, either, so just playing with the different battery combinations and the flavor/volume tradeoff with my old juices should keep me happy for a bit; throw in the attys I couldn't use without my Stick, and all their best-partner liquids, and being able to fiddle with the air-to-liquid ratio, and I'm expecting to be all headaches and insomnia for a month while I overvape just trying things out. :laugh:

Putting the eGo-T on the GG doesn't sound like it would be worth the trouble. If I have and can find the adapters already, I might give it a go; otherwise, I'll probably just use it with the eGos when driving, or hook it up as a passthrough at my desk.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
It arrived today!

I've tried it so far with a single CR123, an 18650, and two CR123s with a HV 510 atty.

Wow. The control ring... wow. I can tell I'm going to have to modify some of my vaping reflexes to remember to use the control ring when I overdrip, or when I'm using a thicker or thinner juice. I didn't realize it, but I've been adjusting my draw to atty conditions and that subtly affects my vaping satisfaction.

It seems to run cooler than my 510s. I'm not getting less volume or flavor, just a cooler (but larger) draw. Ultimately, that probably means less irritation and is a good thing, but it's a little strange to get used to.

I'm going to have to start carrying my ECF cards again, though, I can tell. People are interested enough in my eGo once they realize it's not a snazzy-looking cigarette holder. Nobody is going to mistake the GGTS for anything they've ever seen before.

It's funny how the vaping habit progresses. People seem to go from "I want it to look and feel and taste and work just like a cigarette" and using the 2- or 3-piece intro kits to things that look and feel a little stranger but work better, until... you find yourself wanting to mix your own juice and borrowing a friend's oscilloscope to track down the last bit of power loss. I've only had this little guy in my hands for an hour and I've already given myself an OD headache trying out all my juices at 3.7 and 7.2 V trying to decide which atomizer and voltage combination best suits each flavor.

So I finally understand that the iatty is also a tank system, and that of the iatty and the UFS, I really only need one. Do I understand correctly that the iatty is an atomizer with a tank, while the UFS uses a separate atomizer? I'm really looking forward to putting a tank on my GG, so Skuggi, thanks for the tip about the MAP DCT -- I'll look into that! And dspin, thanks for chiming in on the UFS instead of the iatty!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Ah Jaka, you misunderstood. I meant UFS vs AVS it would be the UFS only - The Iatty is in a league by itself and totally different. I would recommend getting both. Iatty you build your own coil. The UFS takes an array of diff. attys and cartos. I use that when I'm lazy and don't feel like building a coil or when I want 6V. The Iatty I use at 1.3-1.5 @ 3.7 The UFS I like DC cartos at 6V for the most part. Sometimes I put in a LR 901 or LR 510 just depends.

It arrived today!

I've tried it so far with a single CR123, an 18650, and two CR123s with a HV 510 atty.

Wow. The control ring... wow. I can tell I'm going to have to modify some of my vaping reflexes to remember to use the control ring when I overdrip, or when I'm using a thicker or thinner juice. I didn't realize it, but I've been adjusting my draw to atty conditions and that subtly affects my vaping satisfaction.

It seems to run cooler than my 510s. I'm not getting less volume or flavor, just a cooler (but larger) draw. Ultimately, that probably means less irritation and is a good thing, but it's a little strange to get used to.

I'm going to have to start carrying my ECF cards again, though, I can tell. People are interested enough in my eGo once they realize it's not a snazzy-looking cigarette holder. Nobody is going to mistake the GGTS for anything they've ever seen before.

It's funny how the vaping habit progresses. People seem to go from "I want it to look and feel and taste and work just like a cigarette" and using the 2- or 3-piece intro kits to things that look and feel a little stranger but work better, until... you find yourself wanting to mix your own juice and borrowing a friend's oscilloscope to track down the last bit of power loss. I've only had this little guy in my hands for an hour and I've already given myself an OD headache trying out all my juices at 3.7 and 7.2 V trying to decide which atomizer and voltage combination best suits each flavor.

So I finally understand that the iatty is also a tank system, and that of the iatty and the UFS, I really only need one. Do I understand correctly that the iatty is an atomizer with a tank, while the UFS uses a separate atomizer? I'm really looking forward to putting a tank on my GG, so Skuggi, thanks for the tip about the MAP DCT -- I'll look into that! And dspin, thanks for chiming in on the UFS instead of the iatty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread