I hate every mod vape I've owned. Can that change?

B Young

Jun 19, 2023
Just to be clear, I love vaping. It got me off cigarettes, it tastes great and its a lot better for me. I can feel that its better for me. Not healthy, but better. Now to where im stuck. I absolutely hate my mod vapes. The bottom air flow ones leak all the time. The top air flow ones flood the tank all the time and I end up emptying out 1/3 of my tank flicking it out of the chamber to clear it. It pisses me off. I checked all the hardware, have the wattage at the recommended 70 setting, clean it every time I refill it, don't draw too hard, closed the airflow a bit to mitigate drawing too hard......still floods and spits about 2 or 3 times a day. Im about to throw it away. I'm tired of wasting juice that's $30 a bottle now, replacing coils every 6 days, and getting crap all over my hands, sometimes pant pockets, and my car drink holder. I love eveything about the disposables besides the cost and the 50mg level. Thats way way too much nicotine and they dont come in really anything lower that I've seen besides maybe 30mg. I dont know what to do because I dont want to go back to cigarettes, I like vaping, and I am too stupid to just quit it all. Any suggestions? Am I just an idiot?

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
It took me a long time to figure it out and still don’t think I’m anywhere close to having the answers . But the biggest thing I found for the majority of my leakage issues was increasing my VG ratios resolved the majority of them. Thickening the juice up a bit has for me anyway resolved a lot of issues in several different tanks and pods.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Agree with the idea of increasing the VG. You can make most tanks leak by reducing the VG percentage.

Another method that sometimes works is to tilt the vape upside down when you take a hit. That reduces the amount of juice moving into the wick and dripping down through the air feed afterwards. Just do that when you get spitting and gurgling which are signs of too much juice on the coil.

For a short term fix hold a piece of paper towel over the air holes, tilt the vape upside down, and blow through the drip tip. That should clean out any excess juice.

They say spitting means you don't have enough wick in the coil but that's not under your control if you are buying coils rather than making your own. Having the power too low can also cause that. If you keep on increasing the power you will eventually start getting a burnt taste. Somewhere between leaking and burnt taste is the setting you need.

Most tanks I've had there was a battle between leaks and dry hits until you figure out the right balance.

I do know that some tanks are reputed to be leakproof. Don't know which ones, maybe someone will come up with some names.

Don't give up. Everyone figures these problems out in the end if they persevere.

Good luck

zeyuan

Moved On
Jun 24, 2023
  • Deleted by retired1

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
This is going to be a bit unpopular with many here (especially for those that like fiddling with their rigs), but I finally gave up on the fancy stuff and went with simple. I'm a fan of the pod systems (I currently use a Sceptre 2) and the ease and simplicity just can't be beat. No leaks, no fuss, no mess.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I only vape 50/50.

In my experience, some vendors' stuff leaks a lot and some very little or none. And it almost didn't matter whether it was an RTA or a pod.
And I keep my mods in my front shirt or jacket pockets when I'm out, so hate leaks.

I won't buy Voopoo again. Leaks bad.
I've had little to no problems with Innokin and OXVA.
These are the only two I buy from now.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    First off - Welcome to ecf. Great bunch of guys & gals here.
    Now I'm old school, and nothing I use is even made anymore.
    So I suggest reading my signature.
    And this is what I have found to still be true.
    2.0 ohms is much easier to manage than 0.2 ohms
    7.0 watts works better than 70 watts
    3ml/day of 12mg liquid is the same amount of nicotine/day as 15ml/day of 3mg liquid.
    (and vendors want to sell you lots & lots of liquid, so which do you think they will try to sell)

I suppose Innokin is the best source for good MTL stuff these days.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    And this is what I have found to still be true.
    2.0 ohms is much easier to manage than 0.2 ohms
    7.0 watts works better than 70 watts

Good lord yes. Try finding a 2 ohm coil these days, especially for the newer rigs.
    Uoflgno.gif

Reactions: tj99959

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    This is going to be a bit unpopular with many here (especially for those that like fiddling with their rigs), but I finally gave up on the fancy stuff and went with simple. I'm a fan of the pod systems (I currently use a Sceptre 2) and the ease and simplicity just can't be beat. No leaks, no fuss, no mess.
    Grandson came to visit recently. He's in the military and often in places where it wouldn't be practical to have a bunch of mods and tanks and bottles and so forth. Now he uses disposables. All he needs is a box of Lost Mary's, vape them and bin them when they are done.

I tried one and it was a really nice tasty vape. May be the sensible way to go but I don't think I could give up all my stuff. And what if they banned them one day.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Grandson came to visit recently. He's in the military and often in places where it wouldn't be practical to have a bunch of mods and tanks and bottles and so forth. Now he uses disposables. All he needs is a box of Lost Mary's, vape them and bin them when they are done.

I tried one and it was a really nice tasty vape. May be the sensible way to go but I don't think I could give up all my stuff. And what if they banned them one day.

Aside from the cost, disposables have come a long way. I know quite a few folks who use them exclusively and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread