I hate this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
I hate this forum because i love it . It's got so many things into my head that i just know i'm going to end up without funds at some point. Before i came here i thought ok just order a starter pack and juice every now and then and i'll be fine no need for anything more.

Now though i'm looking at cartos, several hundred flavours of e-juice , new batteries and even box mods - it's quite literally blowing my mind lol.

So i have at least learnt a few things as i have been going along and have taken the time today to fill my own carts up with some e-juice that i ordered with my starter kit (titan - from totallywicked) - Honestly the original carts i got in the starter pack are not to my taste and almost taste stale although i have had a starter kit before and they tasted exactly the same so that is not a juice i want to be buying but i am looking forward to trying the fresh juice once this one runs out.

What i would like to know however and hopefully someone can help me out with this . I would like to refill less so cartos seem to be the next step up (before i need a new kit with a tank) and i have heard you guys recommend the boge ones .. However i'm aware that the battery for the titan that i have is not that great and will probably not last long with 2.0 Ohm cartos so 3.0 is the way to go ?? .. Basicly what i would really like to know is what would you suggest for me to "add-on" to what i already have without me pretty much paying out as much as a new kit altogether?

Thanks for your replies and remember i hate it because i love it :)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Warlord :)

I've become a bit of a stick in the mud cos I'm more than happy with my GGTS, LR901 attie & a drip tip so not going to be able to help you too mucj. But what about looking into some kind of tank system? Maybe for imstance the Arry tank from e-cig wizard?

ARRY Tank

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal - The place to be!
Looks like the Titan is only 180mAh so yes, LR cartos like the Boge 2ohm are not recommended. I know you don't want to buy a new kit, but you mentioned box mods, and if you can do a little bit of soldering, Madvapes has a boxmod kit for $8.99 that's really easy to assemble. These have no problem handling the Boge LR cartos. You will need a 14500 battery or two (about $4.50 each) and a charger for them (About $5 at Madvapes) and there you go. A nice beginners entry into the world of mods, IMHO.

Best of luck to you :)

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
The Tornado is Totally Wicked's Ego, the Titan is the smaller plain 510 battery. Maybe you should think about getting the Tornado/Ego. I would go through 2 510 batteries on my way to work. With an Ego, I would be able to use it while driving to work, and it would usually last me half way through my shift.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
LR attys and cartos can actually damage batteries under 450mah (slim batteries etc)

On acceptable batteries (450mah+ like Ego, Riva etc) the lower the carto ohms the hotter it will be and the faster the charge will be used

You have a slim 510 (180mah) which means you stick to standard resistance cartos (2.8-3.0 approx)
Ditto for the longer 510 (mega xl 510 batteries at 280mah for 60% more charge)

But the 650mah+ Riva and Ego can use the 2.5 and 2.0 ohm ones as well as the standard ones.

BTW I hope you have manual batteries on that 510. If a carto leaks it will leak right above the hole in the end of a 510 auto battery. 510 manuals are totally sealed on the threaded end.

I use the standard Boges on manual 510 and love them. I find 20% or less VG juices that are flairly clear and leave no sediment help all of my stuffing-type cartos work well longer. Sometimes I move the standard carto to my Riva 510 for a slightly warmer bigger hit. (not as hot as LR cartos would be)

I got my Riva 510 Lite Bundle for under $30 at Liberty-Flights.com (click the 30% off on upper left front page then look at the Riva 510's). Amazing deal.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Looks like the Titan is only 180mAh so yes, LR cartos like the Boge 2ohm are not recommended. I know you don't want to buy a new kit, but you mentioned box mods, and if you can do a little bit of soldering, Madvapes has a boxmod kit for $8.99 that's really easy to assemble. These have no problem handling the Boge LR cartos. You will need a 14500 battery or two (about $4.50 each) and a charger for them (About $5 at Madvapes) and there you go. A nice beginners entry into the world of mods, IMHO.

Oops. My apologies! I thought these were the fat batts!

<---------- hangs head in shame...:(

skyward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Nacogdoches,tx
:vapor::vapor:
+1 for a good entry diy mod. good luck
+1 for a good entry diy mod

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK

Thank you very much for that i almost bought a second hand box but finding out they are that cheap to assemble myself i'm glad i asked first thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread