I have a confession!!!! What is your vaping naughty pleasure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Such thoughts don't fit the talking points.

I think this point is safe to argue here:

Well, if Scott Gottlieb hadn't given us a reprieve from the previous administration's policies, we'd be looking at a near total ban come this summer. Instead, Gottlieb punted that into 2022. So...

negative_waves-jpg.82326

:D

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I think this point is safe to argue here:

Well, if Scott Gottlieb hadn't given us a reprieve from the previous administration's policies, we'd be looking at a near total ban come this summer. Instead, Gottlieb punted that into 2022. So...

negative_waves-jpg.82326

:D
I didn't know this. Do you have any links?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bottom line: In April of 2014, the FDA released a regulatory proposal that they finalized in 2016, which, if it weren't for Gottlieb, would have meant a near-total ban on vape stuff in the US as of August 8, 2018.
We're still in danger of a worse case scenario:

A ban on all flavors except for "tobacco". Possible incomming Flavor Ban
A ban on "open" juice attachments (adding your own juice). FDA is keen on "closed" systems such as disposable e-cigs or tamper-proof cartridges.
A ban on any "style" e-cig that was manufactured/designed after 2009(?). What's left are cigalikes like Blu or Vuse.

Last edited:

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!
Trying to read the whole thread is probably pointless..

Then there's this whole sub-forum.
FDA Regulations

Bottom line: In April of 2014, the FDA released a regulatory proposal that they finalized in 2016, which, if it weren't for Gottlieb, would have meant a near-total ban on vape stuff in the US as of August 8, 2018.

Thanks. I learned something, and I edited my rant. And sorry all, honestly. @Rossum thanks for the info. @Everyone else, thanks for keeping the tone reasonably civil.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
We're still in danger of a worse case scenario:

A ban on all flavors except for "tobacco".
A ban on "open" juice attachments (adding your own juice). FDA is keen on "closed" systems such as disposable e-cigs or tamper-proof cartridges.
A ban on any "style" e-cig that was manufactured after 2009(?). What's left are cigalikes like Blu or Vuse.
Absolutely. The FDA can still "regulate" (stifle) the industry, but none of that is going to happen by the deadline imposed by the previous administration's FDA, which was 8-8-2018, and even if they change nothing at all going forward, it all comes to a head in 2022.

I look at it like this: The longer they give us, the more difficult it becomes to put the genie back in the bottle.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Absolutely. The FDA can still "regulate" (stifle) the industry, but none of that is going to happen by the deadline imposed by the previous administration's FDA, which was 8-8-2018, and even if they change nothing at all going forward, it all comes to a head in 2022.

I look at it like this: The longer they give us, the more difficult it becomes to put the genie back in the bottle.

The longer they give the more time I have to stockpile... that's all I care about really as I don't expect common sense - no one seems to have any..

The left is gonna March the kids out and pretend regulations will save them and the right will capitulate before they will appear uncaring and next thing you know commerce and people's right to choose is thrown under the bus.

Same old song and dance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread