Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn

Not sure how accurate that counter is for me...I put in 30/day because most days I seemed to hit that. Some were less so I will call it close.

I am almost there already! Except...I did REALLY want a cig last night. So, I ordered a few bottles of juice. I have spent $256 so far...but I have a kgo kit, a vtube, clearos, tanks, and a ton of cartos and juice.

Congrats to you OP!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Congrats to you John! That is a monumental feat, and you should be proud!

You have officially saved your life too! :) I, on the otherhand, will never break even and I'm ok with that.
Vapira

Same here. It will be along time before I catch up. The nice thing is that now, because of vaping and not smoking, I actually have the time to do it. I am no longer a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. ~$1700 spent so far. EEK!

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Congratulations to the OP. Especially if you're not specifically out to remain neutral/positive, it can be tough…there are so many toys.

I actually track my cost/savings by the day…have since I started vaping. I think it works.

There's been a lot of research into addiction, and one of the things that helps people get over the hump is to track your habit. So, I started doing that…tracking actual cigarettes smoked over the course of my vaping so far.

Been going since mid-may, starting with gas-station 901 clones……and I just ordered an ego Twist, some cartos, a tank, bunch of other toys……and I'm still $76.11 in the black.

I made a spreadsheet. Because I'm a loser. But it helps.

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Good for you, I always had this idea that saving will come but later on, not right away, I've been vaping for 100 days and I spent a lot of money, I've not saved a penny yet but I know I will hit this mark soon, as a matter of fact I am slowing down ordering stuff on line, I think I am good for the next 3 months.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
850 bucks 850 bucks 850 bucks :ohmy: I thought my $92 investment was alot

I've spent around $240. If I'd known it was going to work and that I'd enjoy it this much, I probably would have bought different stuff from the beginning. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to actually decide between form factors and delivery systems except to just try them……which is fun on its own……just not the most cost-effective.

dizzy8578

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Seattle,WA
I broke even the first 2 weeks. I have been a 2+PAD smoker since they were 20 cents a pack in the machines. (1964 in NC)
Here in WA I have been spending 160.00 a week and sometimes more.
Starter kits, juice, DIY juice and equipment and now switching to 510 egos, still don't come close to what I would have spent on analogs.

CigFreedMike

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
New England
I think even from the beginning of my vape journey, I must have started saving money from the beginning, considering cigs in CT cost $8.20/ pack. As I've begun to figure out what best suits me, of course, the financial reward is getting much better. I think we all have to plow through the field to ultimately find what works best for you, then it becomes much cheaper. E.g., my sweet point is ego twist ( I've got two, so ones always available) with a boge cartimizer and prime 15 (halo) as my main juice, so, at this point the only expense is the juice and the cartomizers, which is not much at all, considering how I chain cape. I am now saving a ton of money and investing it instead of burning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread