I hope I don't come off as being negative, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effex

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
Whenever I think about PS and the leap forward that you guys took to be one of the best (If not the best) E-cig suppliers, I cannot help but think about the exporting issues going on in HK, and the fact that e-cigs in general are still up in the air in the US as far as the FDA goes.

What sort of back-up plan do you guys have if **** hits the fan? I can only imagine how hectic the past 2 weeks have been for you guys. I pray that everything goes well and I admire that you guys have the balls to pursue what you love, I'm just sincerely concerned about the future of e-cigs in general, and would hate to see another example of an honest American family take heat from the big man for doing what they want to do.

Either way, I wish you guys the best. Not just for me, or the people who want quality e-cigs, but for you guys, and everyone trying to operate an honest, quality e-cig store.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I too am concerned for the PS family and everybody else. This could all go down like the atom bomb. I quit analogs on St Patrick's Day and am using ecigs exclusively so I hope this industry can continue and thrive. I'm just worried Big Bro or the Big tobacco Boys will ruin it for us all. A lot of brave people have put a lot of money into opening businesses for us all. I got all my fingers crossed for all of you.

jtwenty

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
nyc
know one will know till judgement day. i say start backing up parts for future since steve is going to have hard time keeping stocks. well for me i just ordered 10 901 atomizers and i already had 8 laying around. also got two screwdrivers and other ecigs as back up. now i just have to stack up on some juice and wait and see whats will go on with fda. u know what in the end only thing goverment wants is money. thinking of a way to tax these items. thats the way i see it.

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
I'm more optimistic. Napster evolved into Itunes store, Bittorrent, etc. Once somethings out of the bag and is a hit on the net with a dedicated community, even the US Government can't quash it, no matter how much they want to put their hands into our pockets, or outlaw it. I'm afraid the government will outlaw the internet somehow, its screws up their (and many other businesses) businees models. Especially Verizon and their ripoff accesory prices, God Bless Ebay's Chinese cell phone case accesory vendors:)

Seriously though, while their licking their lips, more and more of us are finding that this "sounds too good to be true" answer to nicotine addiction really is true. Besides that, if they can't keep bongs out of the country they can't keep atomizers out, so the established vendors now shouldn't worry about that or batteries for that matter.They should be worried about DIY Magnums and Screwdrivers ;). Juice is a whole nother story! I'm still waiting for that "breakthrough" way of making our own e-juice without having hazmat licenses or chemistry degrees.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I hope you're right boost. I just know that if the big boys get involved in this they will add a bunch of junk we don't want or need and then they will add a lot of taxes which we don't want or need. If someone with a lot more $$ than I have found the way to make ejuice safely over here they could make a killing and we wouldn't have to worry about customs. All they would have to do is market it as an herbal supplement then it's a free pass. At least that's what I've heard.

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
I'm sorry but I can't live on 0 nic. I think I would just quit. That's like near beer for the good old boys.

You mean O'Douls?? My dad used to let me have one of those when i was a kid while he got to have his delicious Bud Light. \

Well, we have commercial grade nicotine available for purchase, correct? Someone listed a lab in Canada but said shipping/hazmat fees wouldn't make it worth it. I live near Washington D.C. so I'm SURE there's some lab store somewhere selling pure nicotine. Dangerous yes, but with mask, gloves, apron, long sleeves, I'm sure you could cut it down to a safety level. I'm not afraid to be around dangerous things. I ride a sportbike and lived in GHETTO East Baltimore City (Highlandtown if anyone knows Bmore;) Although it would feel akward, like we were cooking .... or something haha. But back to topic, if commercial nicotines available locally and not too much red tape to purchase, I'd have no problem working with it using proper safety equipment to make my own e-juice. Heck, is it hard to grow tobacco?

]v[icr0-kn0x

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I really believe that they should look at these things as two separate entities. I mean, you have the device and you have the liquid. If all else, at least let the devices through. How would this be anything different than a water .... / pipe? The liquid would be something that is in question and my be challenged. Yes, we all know it takes 1 and 1 to make 2, but the real controversial argument is, is the liquid really all that healthy to inhale. Then again, we can utilize another analogy of the difference between a gun and ammunition. This can go on and on in circles IMO. Either way, I really hope that this will continue to be the best alternative as long as it can last.

green-lantern

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
i agree whole heartedly, to move halfway across the country is a HUGE leap! i wish them nothing but the best. but like the kid said in transformers, "no sacrafice, no victory"

ha ha transformers! nerdy redneck :p

jk brother!

Yeah Steve has put his neck out and I sure hope him and us the best. I was in the store today and people where buying cigarettes and .....ing about the taxes then the lady said they where going up again soon. You guys realise that one day we will have to pay more taxes on these so some jackass politician can fund his child health care plan or something. People just don't give a sh*t when it doesn't effect them so the tax will pass with no problem. I really hate when somebody is getting screwed and someone says well it doesn't hurt me because I don't do, live, drive or whatever. Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye because one day they will come after something you love. Could you imagen if churches had to pay taxes all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread