I need a head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Hey guys :D

So here is a bit of a noob question but I have to ask. I own about 3 mods and tanks. All aspire. So if I want to use a Smok tank/clearomiser for instance on my Skystar revvo mod can I just do so? I mean do they fit? Do all tanks of all companies fit on my mod? The Skystar is powerful so that should not be the issue :D

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hey guys :D

So here is a bit of a noob question but I have to ask. I own about 3 mods and tanks. All aspire. So if I want to use a Smok tank/clearomiser for instance on my Skystar revvo mod can I just do so? I mean do they fit? Do all tanks of all companies fit on my mod? The Skystar is powerful so that should not be the issue :D

Absolutely you can. On top, the connector you screw your atomizer in is called a "510". Essentially, any atomizer that uses a 510 can fit. Of course, things like Pod mods, you cannot use since they use their own proprietary connection. Bot for the most part, yes.

The only other consideration is the size of the tank. Some tanks can be wider than the mod. So a slight overhang would occur. It would still work fine, just be aesthetically unpleasing.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
YSUhXVY.jpg

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
Agree. Since you are new, just follow the rule 510 connection on a drop in coil tank on a regulated (chip) mod. Chances are you have a regulated device, because they are aspire. I'm telling you this because of safety. Just remember cool looking mech mods and hybrid connections are not your bag, if you want to go there down the road much experience and education is required. If you see a shiny mech mod on a website somewhere and think oh that's so cool looking, it's on sale- I have those batteries already DO NOT BUY it and then screw those lovely 510 tanks in it. You know those horrible news stories where some sweet kid blows his face off? Often he did Some variation of what I just said and knew too little about battery safety and ohms law. Either way, please make a point to familiarizing yourself with battery safety and ohms law. The library here is very good for that! Please consider knowing how to properly use and store batteries and ohms law like seat belts for vapers. If your devices has removable batteries you must know how to properly care for them. These are not just bigger then the energizers you put in your kids toys. They are different, and are perfectly safe only when handled perfectly safely. That will keep you And those around you safe and you will have a much more enjoyable vaping experience.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You should be okay. As long as you have authentic batteries that will power your coil appropriately you should be fine.

As far as batteries and sub0hm vaping, if you aren't certain your batteries are authentic and/or powerful enough for your wattage needs, I'd suggest a little light reading:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Absolutely no offense intended if you have already done your due diligence on batteries but they are IMPORTANT and the single most important aspect of vaping as far as I'm concerned. Most likely the mod won't power the coil if you have batteries that are overrated in their specs and whatnot, the worst that can happen is an explosion. VERY rare, especially in regulated mods, but they can happen, still. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: chellie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread