(Aspire) tank for nic salts wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Hey friends,

so I am thinking about purchasing a new tank for my Skystar mod - the reason is I tend to prefer nic salts which destroy the revvo tank coils.

Do you have a good recommendation for a - preferably Aspire - nic salt tank? I am also open for other brands but preferably Aspire. I am getting a bit confused about all the new stuff out there. Any experiences? I am NOT searching for a pod system, the flavour is just not enough for me. Sub-ohm is okay too since I use low nicotine nic salts, I like them because of the smoothness not the hit.

Cheers!

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Hey friends,

so I am thinking about purchasing a new tank for my Skystar mod - the reason is I tend to prefer nic salts which destroy the revvo tank coils.

Do you have a good recommendation for a - preferably Aspire - nic salt tank? I am also open for other brands but preferably Aspire. I am getting a bit confused about all the new stuff out there. Any experiences? I am NOT searching for a pod system, the flavour is just not enough for me. Sub-ohm is okay too since I use low nicotine nic salts, I like them because of the smoothness not the hit.

Cheers!
I gave my dad the Aspire Zelos Kit which has the nautilus 2 tank and also nic salts and it's been going well. I also gave him some cappuccino coffee juice. No problem with the coil.

What juice are you using? Is it a sweet juice? VG/PG ratio please?

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - I'm afraid I can't say anything about nic salts, but I know Aspire have just released a couple of new Cleito tanks. They have fairly substantial coils and would probably do as well with sweeter liquids as any other tank. The Atlantis Evo is still around too.

I mention those tanks because they're going to be airier than the Nautilus, which is very restricted next to something like the Revvo.

Is there any way you get some of your e-liquid nic free? That way you can at least compare coil life.

In all honesty, I've not heard of high nicotine trashing coils - but that's just me.

Good luck!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What percentage and what flavors are you using in those coils? PG/VG ratio?

I don't think nic salts on their own wreck any coils in particular and I used them exclusively in the beginning when my throat was torn up although now I can use freebase and I don't see a ton of difference in coil life but I have DIY for the beginning.

I'd be rather surprised if it's the nic salts doing it but anything is possible I suppose.

The standard manufacturing answer from Aspire is going to be "We have an AOI Nautilus coil now and it has a nic salt capable 1.8 coil for use with nic salts." I asked Aspire Tina and she said it had even LESS airflow than the regular 1.8 coil, meaning that it will deliver less nic salts per puff in a fixed wattage setup I guess. That a) doesn't sound like what you are looking for and b) if your nic salt juice is gunky well,, I'd see a coil of that type faring even LESS well than the juice you have. Etc.

Very high PG and very high wattage, now that could trash a coil and or juice, I would think. If you are vaping very traditional high PG and High nicsalt in a sub0hm setup at usual wattages, I could see that being an issue hence my questions about it.

If you like the juice and could do with a bit less cloudiness, I might try a Joytech CLR tank with the CLR coil, either the 0.5 (which I believe is TC only) or the 1.0 MTL coil which is wattage. They're not going to be sub0hm tanks but they will handle high pg and their overall coil life is good and they're actually one of the less restricted tank/coil setups in the MTL range.

I guess you could try vaperesso and their ceramic coils those get decent reviews for like longevity in general. When they work out well for folks.

With shortened coil life (for whatever reason) might this be a time you want to look into rebuilding perhaps? Then you could vape your nic salt juice to your heart's content, at a resistance you like and not worry about coil life? It's just a thought.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Yodara

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Wohoo, after all the replies I almost forgot what I asked :D. So the juice that killed my coil is Cosmic fog (so expensive stuff) Kryp shake and vape with a nic salt booster. Using it from 80 to 94 watts on the aspire arc revvo coil with 0.1 to 0.16 ohms (0.13 in practice). Nic is very low hence it is 50 ml shake and vape with the added 10 ml nic salt booster (the highest you can get I believe 1.8 %).

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Cosimc fog kryp/kryptonite is a sweet candy melon flavor with a hint of coolada/mint/menthol/ice, to most folks it would be considered a very sweet liquid.
IMO, it is high into the goopy gunky category.

They are famous for highly flavored & sweetened liquids.(overly)

Cost has no bearing on actual quality or so called premium liquids when it comes to goopy gunky.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Cosimc fog kryp/kryptonite is a sweet candy melon flavor with a hint of coolada/mint/menthol/ice, to most folks it would be considered a very sweet liquid.
IMO, it is high into the goopy gunky category.

They are famous for highly flavored & sweetened liquids.(overly)

Cost has no bearing on actual quality or so called premium liquids when it comes to goopy gunky.

Well in that case I might need a new tank that can do these kind of stuff well...I like them too much :D Thanks mate

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
As said above, the 'problem' is the Cosmic Fog, not the type of nic. When you consider how little nic is in our juice, it only makes sense. I think 'ceramic' coils are supposed to be a little more forgiving.
Yep. I just checked. I bought a dinner lady sweet desert flavour and everything is fine. Even with nic salts. But still...I might need a spare ceramic coil tank or just any that works with this kind of juice. Funnily, otherwise I would not have discovered dinner lady juice on the positive site. Really recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread