I need help! Battery charging questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I feel like I am going crazy lately. I have two chargers. The old USB charger, along with the standard wall charger. Lately the wall charger seems to be openly discriminating against certain batteries. The USB charger charges all of the batteries, but sometimes takes over a day to complete, or it never turns green at all. All of my batteries seem to be taking 8 hours + to charge. Am I going crazy? Could this be from battery neglect (not cleaning them out) or are my batteries simply too old and need to be replaced? One of the batteries is semi-new the others are 1-2 years old. I just want to deduce what the problem is so I know what to order to fix my hair-pulling dilemma. Thank you for any assistance ya'll can share!

Oh and should I retire some of my old batteries? I hate to see them go, but are there any safety hazards I should be concerned about?

:laugh:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Kimmy would clean the chargers and batteries before anything else (Snow sir has 2 great how to videos on his youtube channel). If you're still having issues after that could be the chargers need to be replaced. If the batts are still holding their usual run times they should be ok, it's when they no longer hold a charge it's time to retire them. Hope this helps.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Kimmy there is no reason to worry about safety hazards when it comes to older KR batteries. As Mor said, I would definitely clean the batts and chargers, raise the posts a little on the batteries in question and vape'em till they die. Longer charge times aren't as bad as quicker charge times. If you have drained a battery all the way down and it charges in 30 minutes....it's on it's last legs. Not bad...1-2 years huh? I think you got your monies worth out of the those.

I have never used a USB charger, but if it is 1-2 years old it might need replacing.

Hope this helps....

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
Thanks guys! I just did a battery cleaning (will admit it has been a few months) I still have my very first blue v4l battery from my first kit. Still works. It's a little skinner than the current batteries and has v4l logo all over it. Love it.

Kimmy ..clean them every week ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread