I need help with a Mod Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romiito0211

Apr 14, 2020
I hope they're okay.
A few days ago I bought a Tesla Invader 3. And everything was fine. With a DJV RTDA atomizer included and a Samsung ICR18650-26F battery.
The problem arose when I changed the coils for new ones and they stopped working properly. Now the mod makes a strange sound and then the led light blinks 10 times before it is off.
I hope you can help me with this as no one in my town is aware of this mod and I am a bit new to it.
Thank you very much.
Pd: I hope you'll excuse my English, it's not my native language

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Romiito0211

Apr 14, 2020
  • Optimistic

Romiito0211

Apr 14, 2020
I hope they're okay.
A few days ago I bought a Tesla Invader 3. And everything was fine. With a DJV RTDA atomizer included and a Samsung ICR18650-26F battery.
The problem arose when I changed the coils for new ones and they stopped working properly. Now the mod makes a strange sound and then the led light blinks 10 times before it is off.
I hope you can help me with this as no one in my town is aware of this mod and I am a bit new to it.
Thank you very much.
Pd: I hope you'll excuse my English, it's not my native language

• Optimistic

Romiito0211

Apr 14, 2020
Did you check the ohms on the coils before you put the atomizer on the tesla mod?

You SHOULD NOT be using 26F batteries in that mod. IT IS DANGEROUS TO DO SO.
Yes, I checked them before in another electronic mod and they worked perfectly. Only on the Tesla is where it stopped working and started with the error of blinking 10 times and shutting down.

Do you think the problem is the batteries?

• Agree

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yes, I checked them before in another electronic mod and they worked perfectly. Only on the Tesla is where it stopped working and started with the error of blinking 10 times and shutting down.

Do you think the problem is the batteries?
Probably. Also where is the dial adjusted to?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Despite being a voltage source with a potentiometer, the Invader 3 is still a regulated device. With dual series cells you have 6.4 to 8.4 volts on tap. The device’s output is limited to 3.6 to 6.6 volts, with a 45 amp and 240 watt limit (which ever comes first). This would be the limitations of the regulator. To determine the current draw on the batteries, we have to figure out the wattage. 3.6 into 0.15 ohms yields 86 watts, the current draw of 86 watts sans device efficiency at 3.2 battery voltage is roughly 15 amps per cell.

That said, the 26F is an extremely poor choice of battery and I would listen to the advice given and not use them.

The blinking LED is an error code. Can’t find the instruction manual for the Invader 3. But I am leading to believe the blinking is a low battery voltage error. Mooch test of the Samsung 26F shows a voltage sag of a whopping 1 volt at 15 amps. This would definitely trigger a low voltage error if a 0.15 ohm coil was used even at the devices lowest setting. Stop using these batteries!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
To add, with this device you should learn Ohm’s Law so you can understand your operating limits, for not only your batteries, but the device as well.

With batteries we can take their CDR rating, multiply that by 3 which would give it’s limitations in terms of wattage. If using 2 batteries in a device, then take that answer and multiply it by 2 (or the amount of batteries your device uses).

So a Samsung 20S has a CDR rating of 30 amps, this is good for up to 90 watts, 2 of these batteries would be good up to 180 watts.

As for your device, Wattage = Voltage² / Resistance. Then to determine the current draw on the battery it would be Wattage/Number of batteries/Lowest Battery Voltage/ Device efficiency (90% efficiency is a good estimate)

So a 0.2 ohm coil, at 5 volts would yield 125 watts. 125 watts/2/3.2 (lowest battery voltage)/ 0.9 (for efficiency) = ~22 amps per cell.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
To add, with this device you should learn Ohm’s Law so you can understand your operating limits, for not only your batteries, but the device as well.

With batteries we can take their CDR rating, multiply that by 3 which would give it’s limitations in terms of wattage. If using 2 batteries in a device, then take that answer and multiply it by 2 (or the amount of batteries your device uses).

So a Samsung 20S has a CDR rating of 30 amps, this is good for up to 90 watts, 2 of these batteries would be good up to 180 watts.

As for your device, Wattage = Voltage² / Resistance. Then to determine the current draw on the battery it would be Wattage/Number of batteries/Lowest Battery Voltage/ Device efficiency (90% efficiency is a good estimate)

So a 0.2 ohm coil, at 5 volts would yield 125 watts. 125 watts/2/3.2 (lowest battery voltage)/ 0.9 (for efficiency) = ~22 amps per cell.
The lowest voltage setting on the invader 3 is 3.6 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread