The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I need help with a Mod Tesla

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Romiito0211, Apr 14, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    I hope they're okay.
    A few days ago I bought a Tesla Invader 3. And everything was fine. With a DJV RTDA atomizer included and a Samsung ICR18650-26F battery.
    The problem arose when I changed the coils for new ones and they stopped working properly. Now the mod makes a strange sound and then the led light blinks 10 times before it is off.
    I hope you can help me with this as no one in my town is aware of this mod and I am a bit new to it.
    Thank you very much.
    Pd: I hope you'll excuse my English, it's not my native language

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
  4. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    I hope they're okay.
    A few days ago I bought a Tesla Invader 3. And everything was fine. With a DJV RTDA atomizer included and a Samsung ICR18650-26F battery.
    The problem arose when I changed the coils for new ones and they stopped working properly. Now the mod makes a strange sound and then the led light blinks 10 times before it is off.
    I hope you can help me with this as no one in my town is aware of this mod and I am a bit new to it.
    Thank you very much.
    Pd: I hope you'll excuse my English, it's not my native language

5. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Stop using those batteries first of all. Secondly what did your coils ohm out to after you installed them?

That is not a mod for beginners.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    Change the resistors to .15 ohms

7. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Did you check the ohms on the coils before you put the atomizer on the tesla mod?

You SHOULD NOT be using 26F batteries in that mod. IT IS DANGEROUS TO DO SO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    Yes, I checked them before in another electronic mod and they worked perfectly. Only on the Tesla is where it stopped working and started with the error of blinking 10 times and shutting down.

Do you think the problem is the batteries?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Probably. Also where is the dial adjusted to?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    I've tried all the powers gradually. In the first power, it resists 1sec. Just and warm up before blinking. On the other powers it just doesn't heat up, it just blinks.

11. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    With .15ohm coils and that mod turned all the way down to 3.6 volts you are drawing 24amps on the batteries. Those 26F batteries are 5amp batteries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    I also tested the atomizer on the electronic mod and it worked correctly with the same configuration.

13. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Get some Samsung 20S batteries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Romiito0211

Romiito0211 Full Member

Apr 14, 2020
    Just to confirm. The problem is with the amps in the batteries?

Which model do you recommend?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Samsung 20S batteries is what I recommend. DO NOT USE THOSE 26F BATTERIES IN THAT MOD! Or any other mod for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to New Members and merged duplicate threads - please don't cross post.

17. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Despite being a voltage source with a potentiometer, the Invader 3 is still a regulated device. With dual series cells you have 6.4 to 8.4 volts on tap. The device’s output is limited to 3.6 to 6.6 volts, with a 45 amp and 240 watt limit (which ever comes first). This would be the limitations of the regulator. To determine the current draw on the batteries, we have to figure out the wattage. 3.6 into 0.15 ohms yields 86 watts, the current draw of 86 watts sans device efficiency at 3.2 battery voltage is roughly 15 amps per cell.

That said, the 26F is an extremely poor choice of battery and I would listen to the advice given and not use them.

The blinking LED is an error code. Can’t find the instruction manual for the Invader 3. But I am leading to believe the blinking is a low battery voltage error. Mooch test of the Samsung 26F shows a voltage sag of a whopping 1 volt at 15 amps. This would definitely trigger a low voltage error if a 0.15 ohm coil was used even at the devices lowest setting. Stop using these batteries!

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Is saving $10 or less worth risking major injury?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    To add, with this device you should learn Ohm’s Law so you can understand your operating limits, for not only your batteries, but the device as well.

With batteries we can take their CDR rating, multiply that by 3 which would give it’s limitations in terms of wattage. If using 2 batteries in a device, then take that answer and multiply it by 2 (or the amount of batteries your device uses).

So a Samsung 20S has a CDR rating of 30 amps, this is good for up to 90 watts, 2 of these batteries would be good up to 180 watts.

As for your device, Wattage = Voltage² / Resistance. Then to determine the current draw on the battery it would be Wattage/Number of batteries/Lowest Battery Voltage/ Device efficiency (90% efficiency is a good estimate)

So a 0.2 ohm coil, at 5 volts would yield 125 watts. 125 watts/2/3.2 (lowest battery voltage)/ 0.9 (for efficiency) = ~22 amps per cell.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The lowest voltage setting on the invader 3 is 3.6 volts.

• Like Like x 1