Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
My GG isn't working on my pass through. I checked the pass through with my trusty volt meter and it works. I put the red probe on the top of my fake battery and the black probe on the outside and press the button and I get a great reading. I put on the AVS and cap and nothing. Could I have my wires crossed on my connection? I am missing my pass through. Help me please. :(:(:(

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
stormy, your GG is working with batteries but not the passthrough? have you removed the avs and ct and placed your tongue on the adapter to test for voltage there, or used a meter to test at the adapter? i'm thinking if you get current at the adapter, then it may be that the avs isn't making the necessary contact with the adapter, or that possibly the atty is dead. you can check the resistance of the atty with your meter if it comes down to that, but do a quick and easy tongue test on the adapter and see if you get a little buzz there. if you do, the passthrough should be fine, and the problem likely with the avs connection or the atty. but if your avs works with a battery setup then the atty and the connection to the adapter should be fine as well. give these things a try and see if it helps any.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I put my red probe in the attie connection and the black probe on the outside of my GG and press my button and it is getting fire to the attie connection. It just won't work with the pass through. It works with batteries just fine. I am missing something. This is not making sense to me.

are you getting current to the atty with the passthrough connected, or only when using batteries?

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I get power to the attie connection but the attie won't fire. With the pass through. It works fine with the batteries. Imeo this is your connection attached to an adapter. According to my volt meter the current is fine. This is strange.

stormy, if there is current at the adapter with the passthrough in it then you know the problem is not the passthrough. the problem must be from the adapter up. this problem is only occurring with avs, right? have you put a regular atty on the adapter with the passthrough and fired it up? we're building here through process of elimination, but it seems like the atty isn't making sufficient contact with the adapter with avs setup. if all else works with the passthrough, and you know you're getting current at the adapter with the passthrough, wouldn't you think it was the avs connection?

i can't speak for the wiring, as i'm just using the standard passthrough setup to usb. but again, if you are getting current to the adapter, with passthrough components installed, then there shouldn't be a problem with the wiring. did you check the voltage to see exactly what you are getting at the adapter with the passthrough connected?

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
stormy, if there is current at the adapter with the passthrough in it then you know the problem is not the passthrough. the problem must be from the adapter up. this problem is only occurring with avs, right? have you put a regular atty on the adapter with the passthrough and fired it up? we're building here through process of elimination, but it seems like the atty isn't making sufficient contact with the adapter with avs setup. if all else works with the passthrough, and you know you're getting current at the adapter with the passthrough, wouldn't you think it was the avs connection?

i can't speak for the wiring, as i'm just using the standard passthrough setup to usb. but again, if you are getting current to the adapter, with passthrough components installed, then there shouldn't be a problem with the wiring. did you check the voltage to see exactly what you are getting at the adapter with the passthrough connected?
The voltage looks good. I can't get an attie to fire either. I think the wires must be crossed. That would have to be the only answer.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
what wires are you talking about? the dc panel mount cabling? did you customize the usb to another jack configuration or something like that? i thought even with the passthrough connected you were successfully getting voltage to the adapter, but just not beyond that point. is this correct?

if the voltage looks good at the adapter but neither avs or an atty will fire, i would think one of two things could be the issue, because in theory you should have isolated the problem to the adapter up, including the avs. so for starters, it could be a loosely connected atty in the avs or a dead atty altogether. second, it could be an issue with the atty making the connection with the adapter. the first thing is easy enough to remedy, but the second you'll want to disassemble, clean thoroughly especially the threads, atty connector and adapter contacts, reassemble tightly, by hand, and give it a go again. i've had things get a little loose from time to time and trouble the connections, and i've also needed to clean everything thoroughly to make sure when i reassembled that i made the cleanest and best possible connections between all contact points. i'm hoping this is the issue for you as well, because voltage at the adapter should imply that the atty is getting it and the avs would just be secondary in this scenario.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I may have found the problem. My end cap that I screw my adapter on to is pretty loose. I think when I tighten everything up it loses the connection. Everything is clean. It seems like the plastic piece on that end cap has lost it's grip on the inner pin. I have used this a lot. Maybe I just wore it out. I tare up my toys pretty fast. I put this on an adapter that came from Radio Shack. I am pretty sure I wore out the plastic piece on my end cap. Either that or my wires are crossed but it was working that way. I tried another attie and the attie is fine. I can use it with batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread