I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffsWifey

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Bryson City
I got 3 new tanks but they don't really stay together. The carto just slides and the liquid leaks out. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20150217_135530.jpg
    20150217_135530.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 187

JeffsWifey

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Bryson City

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Tighter-fitting o-rings would probably solve the issue, but making the fit TOO tight will make the cartos hard to insert/remove. I'm not sure the exact size that is in those tanks, but try one that is just slightly thicker. For example, if the o-rings in it now are 2mm thick, try 2.5mm ones, etc

Reactions: DavidOck

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Tighter-fitting o-rings would probably solve the issue, but making the fit TOO tight will make the cartos hard to insert/remove. I'm not sure the exact size that is in those tanks, but try one that is just slightly thicker. For example, if the o-rings in it now are 2mm thick, try 2.5mm ones, etc

There's your problem. If the o-rings weren't sized properly for the openings they fit into... loose cartos and air leaks that result in a poor vacuum and leaks. You can try different size o-rings but if these things are just crap and the caps holes and o-ring fittings are just too large it may be a fools errand.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
There are worthwhile things on Fasttech, and, there are not so good things.

Did you read the comments and reviews?

Actually, the Discussions were mixed on these. Some people had no problems, others complained about the tanks being too loose.
(But since there were like 10 different patterns or so, the comments and discussions got spread out - Wish FT would condense these so no matter what color something is, the reviews and discussions would all stay together).

Pretty sure, however, that the issue won't be solved with O-rings, though, since although there are o-rings to hold the tank, the carto itself is held in by the base and cap (which don't seem to have o-rings).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Generally speaking, cheap cartotanks are poor quality tanks and will yield disappointing results. You get what you pay for (ie. "cheap" quality).

May I suggest checking out IBTanked cartotanks. I'm not affiliated with them, but I've had nothing but success with their tanks. They are affordable for a glass tank, yet of very high quality.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I would suggest dropping $14 bucks, and getting a nice Ego One tank.
there's the 1.8 ml (small) or the 2.5 ml (my favorite).
The heating elements (atomizer) can use .5 ohm for (sub-ohm) vaping, or 1 ohm.
But you will need some power to use it. at least 20W device (for 1 ohm ) coil.

i did a vid review on it.....if you want to check it out.

Yep, o-rings should solve your problem.
If you continue to have problems and get fed up..just spend the money and buy a nice IBTanked setup, their about the best bang for the buck.
There are other really nice carto tanks but they start getting really spendy.

Another option, you can find the Smok U-DCT tanks for really cheap now..i see them on clearance frequently and recently picked up some for $1 a piece and smok cartos, punched/plated for $1 per 5pk.. do some digging and you'll find what you need for a reasonable price..very few ppl use carto tanks anymore...which is excellent for ppl that do!

--George

Edit: another thing you can do..if you have something else to use for a bit..tank the orings out..and put them in a small shotglass or something and leave them sit in a bit of ejuice..they will absorb it slowly and swell a bit..hopefully enough to snug up on your cartos a bit..without knowing how loose they are i couldnt tell you how long it will take..no clue what material the orings are made from either..

Reactions: EBates

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The easiest fix is just don't slide the tank around. I have some loose tanks and I just try not to slide the tank up and down while I use them. I'm most likely to do it when I grab the mod, so I am just careful to grab by the mod and not the tank.

Buy an ibtanked. If you can't afford to drop that much right now, grab a locking u-dct. Both will stop the carto sliding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread