Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey, so I've been vapimg a looong time, 2012 I think, kinda just settled on "whatever worked best" for me about 2 years ago which was a dna 250c and aromamizer Supreme v2. Recently that whole setup was destroyed & I am currently without anything... I found the aromamizer v3 which I think should be comparable enough to what I had but need suggestions on what i can get for a mod... dna's don't seem to be in stock anymore & I'm out of the loop on whatever's going on with that but have a few questions... Are wismec still good? Does arctic fox still exist? Same question but YiHi (they seem to still be in stock)? What are some other options I can get asap & where can I get them?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hey, so I've been vapimg a looong time, 2012 I think, kinda just settled on "whatever worked best" for me about 2 years ago which was a DNA 250c and aromamizer Supreme v2. Recently that whole setup was destroyed & I am currently without anything... I found the aromamizer v3 which I think should be comparable enough to what I had but need suggestions on what i can get for a mod... Dna's don't seem to be in stock anymore & I'm out of the loop on whatever's going on with that but have a few questions... Are wismec still good? Does arctic fox still exist? Same question but YiHi (they seem to still be in stock)? What are some other options I can get asap & where can I get them?
    I'm guessing you're vaping high(er) wattage with the DNA 250c and aromamizer Supreme v2 you had???

There are decent DNA mods still available.

I use Arctic Fox on a bunch of mods. Performance is nearly equal to that of any of my DNA mods. If you want to go with AF there are some compatible mods still available and some can be found on the cheap.

I'm not a fan of the YiHi folks. Only because I've read about the nightmares some have had trying to get them repaired. IMHO a DNA mod is the much wiser choice.

I'll post some options a little later tonight, need to go feed my animals (and me).

Be back later.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Cool, & yes I'm usually at about 390F w/ stainless steel. I might get 2 different mods if I can... How much longer is ordering stuff online going to be an option?

A backup mod is always a good idea. In fact, a back up to your backup is preferred, even if it's just a cheap, throwaway mod. In answer to your second question, there have been many dates thrown around, so it seems that no one knows the exact date, but it's some time around the last week of March.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks for the info, atm I'm thinking a DNA mod, maybe the lost vape one & a backup that I can use arctic fox on.

That was just a quick Google search I did for the Lost Vape mod. Definitely worth having a Google yourself and there's a good chance you'll find it a little bit cheaper and also available in the US:)
    I recommend waiting for some advice from @ShowMeTwice as well, very good advice:thumb:
    Good Luck!

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @kiba the Themela DNA 250C from Element Vape that @Daniel Forsyth posted a link for is a good one. I know of a couple people here who have and like them.

These are all available at Element Vape (California). There are folks here who have and like these as well.

Dovpo Riva DNA 250C is $119.99

Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C is $159.99

Dovpo Odin DNA 250C is $144.99

Lost Vape Centaurus DNA 250C is $139.99

Element Vape is a good online store and they ship fast.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Are wismec still good?

I mostly hear bad things about their mods, but I never owned any.

Does arctic fox still exist?

Yes
    NFE Team

Same question but YiHi (they seem to still be in stock)?

Realize that Yihi has always had a quiescent current drain issue (most erroneously call it parasitic drain). I would not say not to get one, but never leave a battery in a Yihi mod unused for more than a day or 2. I have had batteries drain bellow 2v just sitting unused in a yihi. These were old Yihis but I hear they never did fix the problem after all these years in the newer PCBs.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    The Reuleaux DNA mods are no longer offered, at least I have not seen them since 2018. Plus I've only seen them offered with the DNA 200 board.

I have several DNA 250c mods, which include the Lost Vape Paranormal, Lost Vape Thelema, Dovpo Odin 250c, and the Dovpo Riva.

Lost Vape Paranormals are really nice mods and aesthetically pleasing. Some folks complain about the battery door failing, I have not had issues with mine

Lost Vape Thelema, a recently released mod, is also a sharp looking mod. The battery door issue mentioned above is non existent with this version as the door slides onto the battery tray and is held firmly in place with strong magnets.

Dovpo Odin 250c, this is probably my least favorite out of the DNAs I have. If you like big mods this is the one for you. It also uses dual 21700 batteries, something to keep in mind if you don't have that size battery.

Dovp Riva is my favorite of the four new DNAs I have purchased. It's very small, light weight, and can handle up to a 28mm tank without any overhang. It may not be as beautiful as the Thelema or Paranormal but it's small size and feel in the hand makes up for that.

Here is a couple pictures of all 4 so you can get an idea of size differences.
    Starting from the left to right-- Odin 250c, Riva, Paranormal, and Thelema.

159205262_3765988583482135_8772734269612214396_n.jpg

159250726_1356886028004987_1228228466306422899_n.jpg

159099557_767443473958105_1104660858493450800_n.jpg

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    How's the Riva quality wise, buttons & the leather part etc? Thinking of going w/ that one. The DNA 250 mod I had before was also a lost vape one. I'm not exactly sure what wattage I vape at, mod is a goner now & screen died a while back, which I just left it since it still worked fine day to day, I do know it was set around 390f though, I used the single coil deck for the aromamizer v2 supreme.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    How's the Riva quality wise, buttons etc? Thinking of going w/ that one. The DNA 250 mod I had before was also a lost vape one. I'm not exactly sure what wattage I vape at, mod is a goner now & screen died a while back, which I just left it since it still worked fine day to day.

I've read some comments about the buttons on dna mods and people say they tend to be squishy. The buttons on the Riva are more clicky though. I saw above that ShowMeTwice recommended Element Vape. They just reduced the price of the Riva from 129.99 to 119.99. You'll also qualify for free shipping. I ordered a 2nd Riva yesterday.

I have several non dna Dovpo mods and none of them have failed thus far.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    I've read some comments about the buttons on dna mods and people say they tend to be squishy. The buttons on the Riva are more clicky though. I saw above that ShowMeTwice recommended Element Vape. They just reduced the price of the Riva from 129.99 to 119.99. You'll also qualify for free shipping. I ordered a 2nd Riva yesterday.

I have several non dna Dovpo mods and none of them have failed thus far.
    Nice, I'll order one today, is the top 25mm or larger?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread