I need some advice for a new setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwizard

Oct 11, 2009
NC
I love my sweet juice, but I think I need a new setup. I've been using my eleaf Melo2/Melo3 tanks and iJustS battery and .05 coils, but the coils are not as good as they used to be and they only last days. That's getting a little too expensive and the batteries don't hold a charge like they used to either. So, if anyone has a recommendation for a similar setup, preferably with coils that don't cost a fortune (I'm not going to make my own) I'm all ears. I also prefer something that doesn't require separate batteries. Thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been using my eleaf Melo2/Melo3 tanks and iJustS battery and .05 coils, but the coils are not as good as they used to be and they only last days.
Please tell me that is a typo.

It would help to know if you are a MTL (mouth to lung) vaper or a DTL (direct to lung) vaper. Also, what wattage setting do you prefer?

It's all about the tank and coils used. Not so much the battery device, but a variable wattage battery device could be a gamechanger.

If you are a MTL vaper and use wattages between 8 - 15 watts I recommend an Innokin Zenith tank.

If a DTL vaper and use wattages over 30 watts I recommend the Geekvape Cerberus subohm tank.

Last edited:

shortwizard

Oct 11, 2009
NC
Thanks, that is a typo, I meant 0.5. Thanks for the recommendations. I am a DTL vaper, and I'm more interested in taste than huge clouds of vapor. I get plenty of taste with my current setup, I just can't afford to keep buying new coils all the time. I actually prefer a battery that determines the wattage based on the coil, I don't want to have to fiddle with that.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I actually prefer a battery that determines the wattage based on the coil, I don't want to have to fiddle with that.
They exist but they’re kinda iffy and don’t always work right. I advise against them personally. Tech keeps improving though

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
They exist but they’re kinda iffy and don’t always work right. I advise against them personally. Tech keeps improving though
I'm just guessing, but I think the OP means a direct output / unregulated device like the IjustS device they currently use ... just a little off in their description/understanding.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When I first started vaping, a guy at a shop showed me clearos and tanks. I chose the clearos thinking, I don’t know how to install a coil thingy! Lol. So I do get what you’re saying about vw mods.

But trust me, it’s not a big deal. The coil will recommend so many to so many watts, and you’ll start a bit lower than the low, and go up till you’re happy.

And why I’m saying this is, first, it’s literally an up and a down button. No rocket science required. And also, if the kit does not adjust and it is not as warm or too warm for you, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Plus, most of that type are as costly as a kit that is of far better quality.

As mentioned, the zenith is a nice tank and it’ll work on any mod, I think it also comes as a kit with the Kroma ( don’t quote me, I could be wrong in that).

Vaporesso makes some simple, internal battery mods that hold up well in my experience, and the tanks in their kits are pretty good, too. The coils are cheaper on Fasttech if that’s an option for you.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
DeloresRose is right about Vaporesso, they do make a decent mod that'll do you proud.

Vaporesso mods have a Smart setting that automatically sets the wattage for the coil. And an Auto setting; that sets the mode automatically to hard, normal or soft.

They take some of the guesswork out of starting to use the mod, but it's when you start to play with them a bit that they truly come alive.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Heidi S

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I agree with you all, the Zenith is a very good tank but not very DL-ish, it is more of a MTL tank. That's not to say it may not be OK for restricted DL, but then again, we each have different ideas of what MTL and DL are for each of us. Personally, I use the largest AF insert in one of my Dvarws and I get a nice restricted DL, something than some of us would call a loose MTL.....

Reactions: Mordacai

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks, that is a typo, I meant 0.5. Thanks for the recommendations. I am a DTL vaper, and I'm more interested in taste than huge clouds of vapor. I get plenty of taste with my current setup, I just can't afford to keep buying new coils all the time. I actually prefer a battery that determines the wattage based on the coil, I don't want to have to fiddle with that.
Not much fiddling needed with a regulated, variable wattage mod. You merely press the up or down wattage button according to the recommended wattage setting of the coil you use. Set it and forget it. No need to change the wattage setting if you don't want to.

QQ_20171221190020.png

Having the ability to change the wattage output can also improve the taste of your flavors. There is no one setting that is best for all flavors.

• Agree
Reactions: bask

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, where to start...
As a DL vaper, interested in flavor, not clouds... but limited to factory coils uhm?

i might recomend aegis kit, comes with a vaporeso tank, respectable flavor, decent clouds, coils are easy to find, and the quality of this aegis line up is amazing, most of them shock, dust and waterproofing is amazing, so that might be your mod... no doubts!

About coil, well you dont want to spend a fortune right, well getting factory coils economy is not as desired, making your own coils is arround million times cheaper but also 10million times flavorful compared to factory coils, so, there is not that much science here.

Whats is the main point of dont wanting to learn a bit more of this hobbies / passion / lifestyle? (if is not that much to ask that? )

At my beginning in vaping, i was looking for a decent way to stop smoking without trowing away a fortune, then realized that getting new coils for my 1st setup with coils (Joyetech eGO vtc mini 1, with several their tanks, i bet i still have a cubis around) then a friend gifted me a Wismec Theorem RDTA, still have and learned a lot of vaping, got into battery safety too, coiling, wicking and plenty more, a complete ride my friend stated when beginning, now i not use anything but RTA-RDA-RDTA.

RBA world could be cheaper! cotton is a must, but coils? coils could be purchased one by one, boxes of mixed kinda coils and wires and my personal desired way, get a spool of wire, make your own...!
What to know when building will be according how much you want to try and learn, cuz you could also learn how to rewick and save money... or you could learn a bit more and get prebuild wire coils and replace, there are several options sir, and let me tell, you wont regret breaking the dependence of overpriced factory tasteless coils.
... my two cents...

Regards,

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
For a long time I resisted against building my own coils. I eventually caved and found that I really enjoy it. I don't get fancy. I don't drip. I use RTA's, not RDA's.

One of things I was surprised about was how long coils last in an RTA. Sure, I have to change out the cotton regularly but the coil itself will last for weeks.

Want to save money on coils? Start building.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Want to save money on coils? Start building.
That simple, period!

I have to change out the cotton regularly but the coil itself will last for weeks.
i left mines less than 3 weeks, 3 cotton changes and a coil is done for me!

acutally i kept then in a crystal jar, for my collection, we will so how much ones ill do during vaping, lol

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread