I need some help with easy songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I put on a show each year to fund our after school program. The problem is the date got messed up (my band can't play) and now I have two months or so to get a few teachers ready to play. The biggest problem is that it's from noon till around 1am. that is a ton of time to play.

I have a lot of songs and could fill it in. However, given the fact that I will be playing with musicians who are not really that experienced I need some easy songs to play.

Help me out if you can. Post easy songs three cords or such, easy progressions. Or just post your favorite songs and I will try and make them easy. Even, country songs, I don't normaly play country but for a good cause I will.

We have already pre-sold a thousand tickets and have tons of gifts from local retailers to auction off. but, If anyone would care to donate more gifts, just PM me and I will send you the address of the school.

Ps, it's a ladies night out so please keep that in mind. Although we do auction off men for a date night. (the volunteer firemen)

Last edited:

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you go to MIdNotate.com or MidiIllustrator.com you can get a program that I love. Then you search for midis anywhere online there are millions, anything you can think of. You open the midi in this program and you see sheet music. From there, you can tweek the arrangement or transpose it into a more suitable key. Being able to listen to each part individually helps in learning the song. I believe you can also do guitar lead sheets. Print the sheet music and viola!

A good MC will be able to fill out the hour. You won't need quite as much music, and if the MC is really good, the audience won't feel cheated.

~A

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
If you go to MIdNotate.com or MidiIllustrator.com you can get a program that I love. Then you search for midis anywhere online there are millions, anything you can think of. You open the midi in this program and you see sheet music. From there, you can tweek the arrangement or transpose it into a more suitable key. Being able to listen to each part individually helps in learning the song. I believe you can also do guitar lead sheets. Print the sheet music and viola!

A good MC will be able to fill out the hour. You won't need quite as much music, and if the MC is really good, the audience won't feel cheated.

~A

thanks I will check it out. We have 13 hours to fill and although the auctions and such take up a couple of hours it still leaves me to come up with at least 9 hours of music to play with fairly inexperienced guys. Plus this is the forth year and I should play something new. When I play bars I only play for about 6 hours max, and the two bands I play with really have a ton of songs down. I have the feeling I will be doing a solo act for hours and hours and hours. I won't be able to sing for a month afterwords.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
It's raining men? Sorry but I just had to say it.

Seriously, are you the lead singer? It's so hard to say without knowing everyones strengths and skills. How much time does everyone have for practice, 2 months is a decent amount of time with enough practice. I'm assuming they are all skilled with there instruments? Right?

Break a leg, dude.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
It's raining men? Sorry but I just had to say it.

Seriously, are you the lead singer? It's so hard to say without knowing everyones strengths and skills. How much time does everyone have for practice, 2 months is a decent amount of time with enough practice. I'm assuming they are all skilled with there instruments? Right?

Break a leg, dude.

thanks, I sing and play guitar in one rock band and play drums in a metal band. I will be playing drums during the dancing part of the night and singing while backing myself on accoustic for the dinner part. I would say that they are all fairly good. I have played a bunch of times with the other guitarist and singer. I don't know the lead guitarist very well and I have no idea how good the bass player is either, but they have all been in other bands. My friend is the gym teacher, the lead guitarist is the shop teacher and the bass player was the superintendent, he took a different postion as the superintendent of three schools down state. One of the problems is that we will only be practicing once, that's the only chance the superintendent can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread