I Saw E-Cig Commercials On TV!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
I agree with ya on that one. With information for casaa on it too :)

The cards I hand out now are from the local store. The owner of the store is a registered seller here, but it isn't an online store, so I guess it doesn't count or something. Registered seller or not, I still apparently can't have the store in my siggy or whatever. For that reason, when I pass out those cards, I no longer mention ECF. I give them CASAA info if they want an internet resource, and I figure they'll probably find this place. Support is a 2 way street where I come from.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
The cards I hand out now are from the local store. The owner of the store is a registered seller here, but it isn't an online store, so I guess it doesn't count or something. Registered seller or not, I still apparently can't have the store in my siggy or whatever. For that reason, when I pass out those cards, I no longer mention ECF. I give them CASAA info if they want an internet resource, and I figure they'll probably find this place. Support is a 2 way street where I come from.

Refusing to hold back valuable information to future e-cig users because they won't support your local mom&pop store that isn't online is your choice. Whatever floats your boat. Glad to know you're not interested in being helpful, but really just interested in getting more money for your local store.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
Refusing to hold back valuable information to future e-cig users because they won't support your local mom&pop store that isn't online is your choice. Whatever floats your boat. Glad to know you're not interested in being helpful, but really just interested in getting more money for your local store.

See? That's the kind of crap I mean.

Why lead anyone to it?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
For that reason, when I pass out those cards, I no longer mention ECF.

Well, to me, this sounds like a temper tantrum. "You won't let me put my local store in my signature, so I'm not gonna tell anybody about you, even though it would probably help them!!!! *sticks tongue out and starts yelling neener neener neener*" I mean, the two go hand in hand. But like I said, it's your choice. We're still a mostly free country. Say what you want.

count dragula

Jul 9, 2011
NoVA
I don't mind the tacky TV ads, if it gets people to do their homework.

For those who just throw money at vendors ... Well, you can't force people to think.
That'd be like telling them they can't smoke. :D

I'm here because of the TV ads ... indirectly.

I'd seen e/cigs back when FDA was fighting them. I'd seen the inhalers before the FDA stomped on 'em, too.
So I waited.

When I saw the TV ads, last December, it was just after the FDA got b**ch slapped by the courts. ;)
So I waited to see what they'd come back with. And then did my homework and bought online.

I did ask my tobacconist, a couple of times, if he was considering carrying e/cigarette juice.
I was told they were "considering" it. They did have an e/cig kit on the counter once, but I don't know if it was a product or something one of the customers was showing them.
Of course, I haven't been back there recently, as I still have a carton and a half left over from my last visit, sitting here getting stale.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
Well, to me, this sounds like a temper tantrum. "You won't let me put my local store in my signature, so I'm not gonna tell anybody about you, even though it would probably help them!!!!

First off, as I pointed out - the proprietress is a registered seller here. My issue on that count is, why can one be promoted but not another? I have my own ideas on that, actually...

I've spent a lot of time in the store and I have seen that my experience there was quite typical of their normal business practices. The employees are very knowledgeable. They ask a lot of questions to determine what model would best fit the customer's needs and wants. Then they spend time helping the person find a good juice to get started with. Not based on anyone's opinion of how good it tastes - unless you count the customer's opinion, the only one that matters at that point. They then spend as long as it takes showing the person how to use their new device to insure success with it. No YouTube video or forum thread can compare to an actual person interacting with you - in person - in real time. When you check out, they also provide a very informative handout that includes instructions and general info - along with a listing of local businesses that are vape-friendly.

So, if I can't have the store in my sig on the website - why in the world would I put the website on the store's card before giving it to someone? It's only simple logic. If the site does not want the name of the store to be on these pages, then it stands to reason that they would not wish to be associated by having their name on the store's card. That would be hypocritical.

St. Nick

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Southern Arizona
Sorry Michael Curry, and I honestly don't mean to disagree with you, but I don't understand your reasoning/rationale for thinking that way about ECF. The average person joins this (or any) forum to learn, exchange ideas, and give honest, open & friendly opinions. And you'd be hard pressed to find a more apolitical, unbiased, & even handed forum than this place. No forum, club, organization or group is perfect. But these folks are pretty darned close. I would be doing a great disservice to the uninformed people of this world (sorry for being so melodramatic) by withholding the info contained in this website for ANY reason. Don't get me wrong, you may have a valid beef, but God man, where can you go to get ALL the information you'd ever possibly want to know about vaping, all the how to's, background info, medical info, legalities, and then some..... just by telling them to Google E-Cigarette Forum.com. Bite the bullet and be the better man cause ya catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I would feel awfully guilty to slam this place....... then try to post here, too?? Wow, this was supposed to be an upbeat post about finally seeing vaping on TV that finally exposes the masses to what we do even if it's not done right and yes, there's a ton of valid arguments that they're trying to sell/"give away" total crap and it could possibly hurt us in some ways. But, it's still some kind of advertising, & we somehow have to educate them by exposing them to ECF AND CASAA and by showing them "our stuff", how we use it and what or what not to buy. We have so much ammunition on our side, let's use it. Good points made and great outlook, count dragula!

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
It's not that I don't see your point Michael. Your store sounds much better than my local store. So I could see how you would want to promote your store. But I have to agree with Santa on this one. This site has it's rules, but I don't think anybody can disagree with the wealth of information given here. Your local store can't offer hands-on support for products they don't carry. But people can get that information here if the product from your local store doesn't meet their needs. If they happen to have a late night and run into a problem, I seriously doubt the store owner gives out his personal phone number to call any time if they have any problems, and most people wouldn't use it out of common courtesy anyway, but they can come here. 24/7 availability on the information here on the site. So I do agree. I've tried to teach myself how to fly-fish through the internet and I'm not doing so well at all, because I don't know anybody who could teach me personally. If I had somebody to show me hands-on, I would be doing a lot better. But without the internet, I would have nothing at all. So withholding the information on this site from others because of a personal grudge doesn't make any sense.

I would be careful when ordering any e-cigarette you see advertised on TV. I was reading over at the Vapor Revolution that many of these offers are quick to pull the wool over your eyes. Especially if they offer something that is free or a trial kit. I would not call any phone number and if you go to their site make sure to read everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread