Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I could comment that this is the 32nd thread started on the subject "I just saw an e-cig commercial on TV" but I won't...lol.

I will repeat what I have said before however, there has been a ban on advertising any tobacco products on TV since the mid 80s. For the FCC to allow this advertising means a government agency is admitting that e-cigs are not tobacco products. If e-cigs are not tobacco products then bans on them were they are lumped in with tobacco products like with insurance companies is horse manure. Same with all other smoking or tobacco bans that include e-cigs now.

chainsaw316

Feb 23, 2012
New Jersey
I have to side exhale in my car or else I have to wipe off my windshield. Roads here suck enough!

Sucks that Blu/Lorrilard has the money to advertise considering their product is trash and will more likley keep people from e-cigs instead of getting them to try them out. I saw an infomercial for American Blue Tip a bunch of times in the past. Not recently though but I had seen them when I was thinking about switching,

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I could comment that this is the 32nd thread started on the subject "I just saw an e-cig commercial on TV" but I won't...lol.

I will repeat what I have said before however, there has been a ban on advertising any tobacco products on TV since the mid 80s. For the FCC to allow this advertising means a government agency is admitting that e-cigs are not tobacco products. If e-cigs are not tobacco products then bans on them were they are lumped in with tobacco products like with insurance companies is horse manure. Same with all other smoking or tobacco bans that include e-cigs now.

We're all adults here.

There's no tar.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I remember cig commercials on TV, magazines, and billboards. Who could forget the Marlboro man riding his horse out on the range. Nothing says your cool like cowboys, horses, and lung cancer! What were we thinking? Yikes!

I think I have only seen one or two e-cig commercials. It surprised me more that some big gas stations/store chains sell e-cigs. Can you imagine what will happen the first time some big cancer stick company begins to sell e-cigs? That is all you will see on TV (If the e-cig commercials are still allowed by then). It would be hilarious if the Marlboro man adjusted his VV mod and blew out a huge smoke looking vape. LOL.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
There was one that came on late at night, an infomercial with a c-grade actor in a convertible smoking a cig look-a-like. "Now I can smoke anywhere!" Although I chuckled at the quaintness, I was extremely happy that this... thing of ours... (Sorpanos, if you get the hint, hit like) made air-time. It's only a matter of time. Vaping *will* take off. I can feel it. The force is strong with this one.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for making me feel older than dirt!!
I just saw Stephen Dorff in a Blu e-cigarette commercial on TV on Comedy Central. It's funny - I've never seen a cigarette commercial on TV before as they were banned in the U.S. just before I was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread