Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
I had one of those moments tonight where a smoke sounded nice. Second time in the nine months I've been vaping, and like last time I thought, what the heck, and lit up. My first thought was not about taste, or smell, no, on exhale my first thought was dang, this thing doesn't produce much vapor... Followed by the same look I give my pv when I suspect a carto flood.... Then there was a resounding WHAT AM I THINKING! So. Not only are they stinky and taste gross, apparently I can add "unsatisfactory smoke production" to my reasons to leave them alone! :facepalm: I got a chuckle out of it, thought I'd share :vapor:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I had one of those moments tonight where a smoke sounded nice. Second time in the nine months I've been vaping, and like last time I thought, what the heck, and lit up. My first thought was not about taste, or smell, no, on exhale my first thought was dang, this thing doesn't produce much vapor... Followed by the same look I give my pv when I suspect a carto flood.... Then there was a resounding WHAT AM I THINKING! So. Not only are they stinky and taste gross, apparently I can add "unsatisfactory smoke production" to my reasons to leave them alone! :facepalm: I got a chuckle out of it, thought I'd share :vapor:
just wait it gets worse lol ......your out for dinner looking at the menu and you think bla bla pie.... i bet that would make a good vape!

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
I havent had a cigar in quite a while, and for my aniversary my wife got me one of my old favorites. Well the last one I tried one it tasted like ash tray, and although I prefer my DIY so much better than any stogie now, what hit me was that I tried to put it in my pocket while lit, and had to keep puffing on it so it wouldn't go out. How freeking inconvienient. My wife even commented on how bad the smoke was compaired to vapor. It is so nice to vape right up to the door of a store, put my Echo in my pocket, and pull it out to vape as soon as I walk out.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
Absintheur:7851958 said:
I gotta wonder if you have been hanging onto cigarettes for 9 months they gotta be really stale...lol

Hahaha no I bummed it off a friend lol :)

And yes, vaping is working its way into my thought processes all the time, lol, I often eye some unique little gizmo and think oh, that'd make a cool mod! And I don't even build them.... Lol!

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
The Ocelot:7852218 said:
Well, there's always this: Ashtray

Lol that's hilarious! I've tried keeping tobacco flavors on hand but they never seem to cut it in the moment of craving lol. Perhaps I shall pick up a (tiny) bottle sometime. I just gave up on it cuz my cravings are so rare, really. I don't feel bad that I've smoked like four cigs in the last nine months lol. Just skip today on my "smoke free" count and carry on lol. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Im surprised at all the good reviews it has gotten. Maybe those reviews are being done by that company or people really enjoy vaping ashtray flavored liquid. That sounds extremely disgusting.

The people who own it are very cool. They have a thread under suppliers. You should read the reviews - they're basically "This stuff is gross, but it tastes more like an analog than tobacco flavored e-liquid." I think it helps some people with cravings when nothing else works.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
just wait it gets worse lol ......your out for dinner looking at the menu and you think bla bla pie.... i bet that would make a good vape!
I made some awesome cranberry sauce for thanksgiving - i spent part of the meal wondering where to get cranberry ejuice.

Have you started thinking about food / vape pairings yet? Some vape deffinately inhances your last meal -sometimes your last meal detracts from the vape.
:)

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy,
I want to remember where I came from but licked an ashtray for too long. Can't really even be around people smoking analougs anymore without that slight reflex of " Jeeze that stinks" pushing up through my descency filter.
Guess two eaches own when it comes to flavors, I've tried some that I'd wish I hadn't but some people love them. Taste is individual and just like anything else in the vaping community you make it your own :).

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I wrote this in June when I tried to smoke:

I did buy a pack on the way home..... smoked one... and realized there's a reason I haven't touched one at all in 2 weeks. I'd have to give the flavor on a Marlb light a -20, workmanship sucks, the seam on the carto end was lifting slightly, the carto wrapping almost got stuck to my lip, the whole thing felt cheaply made and flimsy in my fingers, the draw to try to get a decent amount of vapor was like sucking a Wendy's frosty through a cheap, thin straw, and the vapor production was extremely disappointing. Not to mention battery life was about 6 minutes... then it's basically an empty carto. You'd have to carry 20+ and a "charging" device to get each one started just to get through the day!!!!! Worst effing vape ever. I don't recommend it. I chucked the empty carto out the window. Is there a pay it backward thread I can list the remaining 19 batteries that came in this overpriced POS starter kit in?

I tried a cigarette once since then, got 4 puffs in and actually threw up.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Thanks. I have a few very close friends that are still smoking. I haven't for the life of me been able to get them to deal with the "fiddlyness" of vaping enough to convert. Every so often, (8 weeks or so) I'll take one drag off a cig. I can feel my tastebuds committing suicide, and can't understand why we're always chasing more and more vapor when there's hardly ANYTHING in a puff of smoke. Cigarette smoke is weightless and wispy and tastes like dirty ashtray.... not to mention the smell. I don't mind a burning cigarette, but the stale smell that sticks to you sucks. I have to shower and change clothes just from being around smokers. I have no idea why I even have that puff once in a while other than it cracks me up to compare the tiny little wisp to the plumes of vapor I'm blowing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread