I so badly want to vape, but I am having so much trouble! Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

So, I started to vape a few weeks back after a friend brought back an e-ciggy from her vacation and I just had to try it myself. The one thing I didn't like about her e-ciggy was the shape and look of it (didn't look like a real cigarette, and it had a button) so I ordered the Joyetech Eroll, which is pretty much the closest thing to a "real" cigarette. I was fine with this, and was continuing to smoke while I used it, slowly cutting down on cigarettes. However, the thing that prevented me from stopping smoking altogether was the fact that I was not getting as good of a throat hit after a few puffs from the e-ciggy as I was from a regular ciggy. I decided I needed one like my friend had, which packed quite the throat hit! So, I traveled to town and purchased the Innokin iTaste 16 and it was everything I ever dreamed an e-ciggy should be... and what I mean by that is that it had a good throat hit that lasted longer than a couple of puffs and the flavour of the ejuice was so much more intense and tasty. I thought I had it made, and I didn't have a cigarette for the rest of the day.

The next morning, I got up and took a few puffs off the Innokin and started my day. It was a little after this that I noticed a very sharp pain in my chest when I was taking deep breaths, and my upper back felt like someone had stuck a knife in it. I took a warm bath and got my partner to rub some arnica on my back, which helped the situation a bit, but it still hurt so much to breathe in. I was actually afraid that I would have to go to the emergency room. After researching possible health problems matching my symptoms, I was sure that it was pleurisy. I went to bed that night and I noticed an improvement in the morning but it still hurt to take a deep breath. I did not smoke cigarettes or the e-cigarette after experiencing this pain, and went and bought some nicotine gum instead.

After I felt completely better, I started vaping 100% PG instead of what I was vaping before which was 100% VG. I still experienced the same feeling in the morning.

So, does anyone know what this could be? I have read some threads that indicate it is the PG, some say it is VG, some say it is the flavour. The stuff I am vaping is from Rainbow Vapor, and I also was mixing this with stuff that I got from Crave. I recently received an order from Jugheads, and I am going to give myself some time and try this too. Any suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I am so very jealous of my vaping friend, vaping away on that delicious juice all day long! Thank you so much.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry you are having trouble. First and foremost, if it happens again consult a doctor. Make sure you are drinking plenty of liquid when you vape. Ecigs dries out the mouth, nose and throat. And do what above poster suggested. Since most of the nic from ecigs is absorbed thru the mouth, throat and nose, no need to inhale at all. Just kinda hold it in your mouth a couple of secs, then exhale. Absorbtion this way takes a little longer to satisify cravings, but is very doable. Just don't expect a rush like you got with the stinkies.

:)

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Hello Everyone,

So, I started to vape a few weeks back after a friend brought back an e-ciggy from her vacation and I just had to try it myself. The one thing I didn't like about her e-ciggy was the shape and look of it (didn't look like a real cigarette, and it had a button) so I ordered the Joyetech Eroll, which is pretty much the closest thing to a "real" cigarette. I was fine with this, and was continuing to smoke while I used it, slowly cutting down on cigarettes. However, the thing that prevented me from stopping smoking altogether was the fact that I was not getting as good of a throat hit after a few puffs from the e-ciggy as I was from a regular ciggy. I decided I needed one like my friend had, which packed quite the throat hit! So, I traveled to town and purchased the Innokin iTaste 16 and it was everything I ever dreamed an e-ciggy should be... and what I mean by that is that it had a good throat hit that lasted longer than a couple of puffs and the flavour of the ejuice was so much more intense and tasty. I thought I had it made, and I didn't have a cigarette for the rest of the day.

The next morning, I got up and took a few puffs off the Innokin and started my day. It was a little after this that I noticed a very sharp pain in my chest when I was taking deep breaths, and my upper back felt like someone had stuck a knife in it. I took a warm bath and got my partner to rub some arnica on my back, which helped the situation a bit, but it still hurt so much to breathe in. I was actually afraid that I would have to go to the emergency room. After researching possible health problems matching my symptoms, I was sure that it was pleurisy. I went to bed that night and I noticed an improvement in the morning but it still hurt to take a deep breath. I did not smoke cigarettes or the e-cigarette after experiencing this pain, and went and bought some nicotine gum instead.

After I felt completely better, I started vaping 100% PG instead of what I was vaping before which was 100% VG. I still experienced the same feeling in the morning.

So, does anyone know what this could be? I have read some threads that indicate it is the PG, some say it is VG, some say it is the flavour. The stuff I am vaping is from Rainbow Vapor, and I also was mixing this with stuff that I got from Crave. I recently received an order from Jugheads, and I am going to give myself some time and try this too. Any suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I am so very jealous of my vaping friend, vaping away on that delicious juice all day long! Thank you so much.

See a doctor. Sounds like the vaping is irritating a pre-existing condition. Good wishes to you and hope all is well.

tomcampo

Nov 7, 2013
Arizona
I had a similar issue when I started vaping. I still do not know what it was, but it might have had something to do with de-hydration, too much nicotine, or both. If you only smoked 5 cigarettes a day, I agree that 18mg might be a bit much. I am currently on 12mg and happy as a lark.

Also, I use the eRoll and I notice that only get a good throat hit with certain juices. Try Backwoods Brew Casablanca, or perhaps try other NET (naturally extracted tobacco) juices. Or perhaps even WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids.

Drink lots of juice and water when you are vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread