I succumbed this week and feel awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
After work on Monday I received a call telling me my brother died. He lived in DC and I had to be there ASAP, from almost 800 miles away. I packed my gear, my suitcase, and split pretty quickly. I discovered after going through Chicago that I forgot my kit and only had a fully charged MVP 2 and about 15ml of juice. The MVP lasted almost the whole trip, until the drive home, right when the juice ran out, so did the battery and I had no charger. I bought a pack and went through most of them on the 14 hour drive home. I tossed the remainder of the pack when I got home, but I feel like crap for needing to buy a pack.

After work on Monday I received a call telling me my brother died. He lived in DC and I had to be there ASAP, from almost 800 miles away. I packed my gear, my suitcase, and split pretty quickly. I discovered after going through Chicago that I forgot my kit and only had a fully charged MVP 2 and about 15ml of juice. The MVP lasted almost the whole trip, until the drive home, right when the juice ran out, so did the battery and I had no charger. I bought a pack and went through most of them on the 14 hour drive home. I tossed the remainder of the pack when I got home, but I feel like crap for needing to buy a pack.

I think under the circumstances, I wouldn't worry about it at all. You were (quite understandably) stressed, you forgot your kit, you made do under awful conditions. You'll get back on track.

My best to you and your family, and try to go easy on yourself for what was just a small accident that happened under circumstances that genuinely sucked.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'm so very sorry for your loss joeybear. Please forgive yourself. You only did it because of circumstances beyond your control and tossed them the minute you got back to your stuff. Most of us here that found ourselves in your position would have done the same thing. What else could you do? Please don't be so hard on yourself. You also get major bonus points for tossing them first chance you got. :)

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Thanks all. My wife thinks I'm gonna keep smoking, but I've had enough of that. She said she understands, but she still has everyone in her life and has no idea how rough this really was. At least I realized I don't want to smoke ever again. Yay for little victories :)

Even the little victories are still victorious. My heart goes out to you. The loss of a sibliling is a devistating blow :(

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Am sorry for your troubles.

There are some things more important than smoking vs not smoking at times in our lives.

The important thing to take away from this is your first choice was to vape. It was only when vaping wasn't a viable option that you switched to smoking.

When possible, having other available options to keep vaping is a good idea. But as this was unplanned, what could you do?

So you did what you needed to do, now reset and move ahead :)

Given the circumstances, don't be mad at yourself. The fact that you feel bad for the caving is a step in the right direction to breaking analogs forever.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Absolutely no reason to even think twice about the cigs.

The loss of a very close family member is very tough. I had 2 close calls right after I started vaping and had a few cigs, it is what it is (I had my gear with me). Some of us stumble more than others and it is OK.

Perhaps an emergency vaping pack list that you keep on file to print when you have the 'We gotta pack and go now' times.

Air the car out good, clean the windows and keep on vaping on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread