I think I’m addicted to everything about vaping so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Welcome Daniel, that's a nice collection you are building and yes it can get expensive if you let it but its certainly healthier than smoking or chewing tobacco.

All chewing has going for it is Jeff Foxworthy wrote a humorous song about it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
What are some of your favorite mods and why?
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in :General vaping discussion and chat:
General Vaping Discussion
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I don’t really have an understanding of VG/PG percentage. Any tips?

PG and VG are the two substances that make up the majority of your eliquid. Even the nicotine and flavourings we add come in a VG or PG base. You can adjust the proportions of VG and PG to tweak the characteristics of your eliquid. Additionally, some people are sensitive to one or the other, so they use a higher proportion of whichever one doesn't bother them.

Characteristics of VG and PG:

VG:
  • Thicker and more viscous - coils that work with high VG have bigger holes
  • Makes more clouds
  • A bit smoother -smooths out the throat hit from nicotine in particular
  • Can mute flavours
PG
  • Better flavour carrier - less muting
  • Thinner, flows better - older-style coils with smaller holes tend to work better with higher PG
  • High PG can be harsh depending on your setup
  • Less clouds
Basically, you tweak the proportions of each until you like what you get. People who like (nearly) 100% VG often add something else (a tiny bit of distilled water or ethanol) to make it flow and wick better, because 100% VG is super viscous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread