I think I’m addicted to everything about vaping so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I first tried vaping last summer when my cousin got me into it. She recommended a smok Stick V8, and I did enjoy the flavor, but it was more or less a feeble attempt to quit using Skoal mint pouches. After a couple of months I had barely used it and gave it to a friend who wasn’t enjoying her Juul much. Then, about a month ago I picked up a tiny Vuse vape pen for 99 cents for my cousin while she was in the hospital and her box vape got confiscated by the nursing staff. I decided to pick one up for myself too, and I actually noticed I started to enjoy it! Well, as with anything I seem to get into in life, I then dove in head first, trying some AIO and pen mods. I just got my first box mod today, a VooPoo Drag Green and Gold! I have the VooPoo Rimfire RTA in the mail and on the way so I can hit up my local vape shop and learn how to build my own coils! Just wanted to share a bit of my story so far. All the money I’ve saved finally quitting the tobacco pouches has now fed my new vape hobby, which I am very happy about. I should still probably tone it down a bit, though, and I also have a lot to learn as well! Anyway I attached a pic of all my mods so far, can you tell what my favorite color is? :p Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorite mods and why? Salt nic or regular eliquid and why? Just curious!

Attachments

• 7917ACE9-75B1-4E64-AB36-AF70013D98EE.jpeg
    7917ACE9-75B1-4E64-AB36-AF70013D98EE.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
Don't let it consume you too much. Vaping can be more expensive than tobacco if you let it be.

I hope the hospital gives your cousin her vape back when they discharge her. Otherwise that would be a civil rights violation.
Yes they gave it back thankfully! She would have thrown a fit.

Congrats! I like a variety of different style mods but prefer regular Eliquid.
View attachment 868837
Do you sub ohm vape? Use high wattage? Strong eliquid? All three? I’m learning that depending on the coil resistance and wattage I should use eliquids/nic Salts very specifically...

Reactions: DeloresRose
View attachment 868841
This is not my entire collection. My DIY recipe is in my signature, and its all I vape. Salt nicotine and no PG keep it very smooth. Best wishes and have a great one!
Wow what a cool looking collection! I don’t really have an understanding of VG/PG percentage. Any tips? What mg of salt nic do you prefer?

Reactions: Falconeer

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Do you sub ohm vape? Use high wattage? Strong eliquid? All three? I’m learning that depending on the coil resistance and wattage I should use eliquids/nic Salts very specifically...

I typically vape around .2/3 so yeah it can be higher wattage when I use mechs, with a regulated mod I’m around 60/65. The juice I use is 3mg but some of the stuff I diy is 1.5mg. I mainly use regular nic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Wow what a cool looking collection! I don’t really have an understanding of VG/PG percentage. Any tips? What mg of salt nic do you prefer?
I don't use PG at all. I use VG with vodka as a thinner. I'm currently mixing to 7.5mg. My DIY recipe is below on my signature line.

I want the least harshness possible, which is why I mix with no PG, and only use salt nicotine. I know of no other benefit to using salt nicotine other than to reduce harshness. When I finally quit smoking last yr, I was vaping 25mg when I stubbed out my last cigarette. I couldn't stand freebase at even 12mg. Way too harsh. At 7.5mg salt nicotine, I sometimes have to remind myself that there is, in fact, nicotine in the steam I'm inhaling.

I use mostly mechs, and I use all sorts of atomizers:
DSCN1078 1 (2).JPG

Leto RDA on El Thunder Lite, IBTank'd cartomizer tank on NATO mod, and a GEAR tank on a Coil Art semi-regulated mod that I forget the name of.

I try to keep my vape cool. I build my attys usually to run somewhere in the 10W-30W range, depending on the vapor volume and texture that I'm aiming for.

Best wishes.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
So I first tried vaping last summer when my cousin got me into it. She recommended a Smok Stick V8, and I did enjoy the flavor, but it was more or less a feeble attempt to quit using Skoal mint pouches. After a couple of months I had barely used it and gave it to a friend who wasn’t enjoying her Juul much. Then, about a month ago I picked up a tiny Vuse vape pen for 99 cents for my cousin while she was in the hospital and her box vape got confiscated by the nursing staff. I decided to pick one up for myself too, and I actually noticed I started to enjoy it! Well, as with anything I seem to get into in life, I then dove in head first, trying some AIO and pen mods. I just got my first box mod today, a VooPoo Drag Green and Gold! I have the VooPoo Rimfire RTA in the mail and on the way so I can hit up my local vape shop and learn how to build my own coils! Just wanted to share a bit of my story so far. All the money I’ve saved finally quitting the tobacco pouches has now fed my new vape hobby, which I am very happy about. I should still probably tone it down a bit, though, and I also have a lot to learn as well! Anyway I attached a pic of all my mods so far, can you tell what my favorite color is? :p Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorite mods and why? Salt nic or regular eliquid and why? Just curious!

I use freebase 6mg that I mix myself. I prefer a little harshness.. which gives me the throat hit from when I was smoking. My main setup is a Fresia Rebuildable tank on top of a Cylon mod... It seems to be a real good combination. I also have some single 18650 mods for out and about.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I like all types of devices. The black Aegis with the Cthulu tank is for nic salts. It is set at 9W. The rest are higher power.
.32 (42W) on the Armageddon. .16 (85W) on the Unicorn and 75W on the Minikin.
The Unicorn is 21700 with High amp Molicel battery. If you are planning to use high power, especially in mechanical mods, good batteries are top priority.
20200211_021003.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
0FBDF320-C778-4A5B-9A42-7E656C2D0E7B.jpeg

This is not my entire collection, just my rotation this morning.

Three mechs and a pod - but I have lots of regulated mods also.

I use 30pg/70vg 6mg/ml freebase diy for all the APVs, and 50/50 25mg/ml salts in the pods.

I like variety.

I prefer dl but can do mtl with those low watt pods. That’s where juice specs enter the conversation- high ohms, low watt devices do better with thinner ( higher pg) liquid and higher nic.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
1% purified water, ethanol, or both (in the form of vodka) lowers the viscosity of VG by about the same as 10% PG. For those who don't like PG.

I use vodka because the water and the ethanol in it are both quite pure. Don't use flavored vodka, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread