I think I have a wick issue....Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy_64

Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Montana
So I have been using an eGo-C for a couple weeks now and I just replaced my first atomizer.... first one tasted bad for an hour or two but finally broke it it and was fine. Now I'm on my second atomizer and this thing is being a nightmare... Going off of taste here but the first drag is usually ok.... any drag after that tastes dry and burnt with no flavor at all.. which leads me to believe no fluid is getting in. I let it sit for a while and the first drag is ok again but quickly gets nasty to the point of being un vapable. Its like the fluid isnt getting through the wick or its flowing through it very slowly. What the heck is going on with this thing? Also, and this is probably a dumb question, buy why does it need a wick? why cant the fluid just flow directly to the coils through the spike? I disassembled the atty as per Sammy43 in this post and cleaned everything... I also ran a pin through the wick to make sure it wasnt packed to tight or something.... which made it fall out but I got it back into place just fine... and it seemed to work quite a bit better for about a dozen drags.... now its back to having the same symptoms I started out with.... Please help! )c;

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Every ego-c atty I get I push the wick into the spike about 1/4 to 1/2 way. Makes every thing sooo much better. No more dry nasty hits, or having to no button pre-hit.

If you remove the wick it will only stay flooded. It has to be there.

When I use a new atty, the 1st thing I do is wipe it off with a paper towel then put it in without a tank. I hit the button in a short burst. You'll hear it pop. I then hit it with a few more short burst to burn of any packing fluid. I then drip 3-4 drops straight into the cone on the atty to prime it. Then I put the tank in, take a few tokes without inhaling & then have at it.

What's important is pushing that wick in. I can hit mine just like I'm puffing on a pipe without getting dry hits. If you get dry hits push it in more. If you keep getting flooding, bring it up some.

Like I said, 1/4 to 1/2 & your good to go. Don't worry about messing anything up. It can all be undone with a pair of tweezers.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread