I think I'm losing interest in the "fruity" flavors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
Anybody else getting tired of the endless supply of flavors available ? Specifically the "fruity" ones ?

I've been vaping now for about a month (loving it) and have tried an assortment of flavors. But I keep going back to my tobacco flavors more so than all the "Apples, Bananas, Strwaberrys etc...Now I do like TV's "Cafe Macchiato" and some other coffee flavors...but even for those I tend to mix them with my tobacco flavor. Any suggestions on some other flavors that mix nice with a base tobacco flavor ?

I think once I find my perfect tobacco flavor (or combination there of) I may just stop this "quest" for different flavors.

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
I really like having a vanilla or cream flavor to mix with my various juices. I also really like many of the cinnamons that are out there. You might also try some of the bakery flavors, many of those mix well with the tobaccos and the coffees.

I haven't found many fruit flavors that I like, but have found a few. I think some of it is who you buy from. I've pretty much narrowed my vendors to a few really good ones; TV, Ms T's, Halo, etc.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I find Ill vape pretty much anything :lol:
Dog? What dog? :D

Seriously - I do find I like most types of flavors; fruits, desserts, tobaccos - I havent tried the weirder ones (pizza, bacon..) and I dont intend to either. Nothing wrong in you getting tired of fruit flavors, you don't eat the same foods all the time do you?

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Any suggestions on some other flavors that mix nice with a base tobacco flavor ?

Here are some of the ones I've used to flavor tobacco liquid; my favorites are in bold:

cinnamon
honey
clove
cherry
peach
vanilla
french vanilla
cream
lime
ginger
caramel
amoretto
apple
chocolate
peanut
hazelnut
gin
torrone
tiramisu

I make my own tobacco liquid with FlavourArt flavorings: Virginia, Dark Vapure, Cuban Supreme, Marlboro Ultimate and Shade.

skippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
I know this may sound like an "oxymoronic" question but what does "unflavored" taste like ? Is it simply throat hit ? - no taste at all ?

At the higher nic levels 24-36.. yes there is a throat hit and the unflavored has no taste. I smoked Carlton 100's for 40 yrs. and they were like running down a hill with your mouth open so I'm use to a "no taste" cigarette, the unflavored is the closest I've found to that. I cut the nic down from 36 to 9mg now, found that I need the ritual more than the nic.

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Come to think about it,,,Yes, I haven't ordered any fruity flavors for awhile now...Didn't realize it till you mentioned it...Now I order tobacco Karmel, RY4, and some Barvarian Cream to add to either tobacco flavors I have when the desire arises...Weird..for the first month had about 4-6 different fruity flavors, but used them up and not reordered them...Oh well, I can always order some more when the desire hits...That is another thing great about this vaping life...
Enjoy.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I liked grape for a while,but like you guys I ended up sticking with tobacco flavors.One thing I noticed about fruity flavors is they tend to stick around in an atty.Maybe that is what turned me off of them.I like being able to bounce around on flavors like ry4 and 555,The taste change is immediate.But when I use grape,or a cola flavor it seems like everything I put in there for the rest of the day taste fruity.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I went through this cycle.... like almost everyone else, wanted what I was smoking and found a good tobacco menthol in freshsmoking/janty's 'newport'. Also liked the RY4 that came in the carts after a while - was just ok at first. Also liked the Janty cappuccino but mainly the newport.

Then, I thought 'I don't need the tobacco flavor' and started sampling all kinds of other stuff - fruit, candy, butterscotch, berries and enjoyed them at the time, but then everything got 'too sweet' even the RY4 which was the less sweet than anything I had. And there was a thread at the time along the same line and that's when I went to Decadent Vapours (who used to have their own site - now at TW) and really liked the non or semi sweet flavors they had available. Even the fruits are not that sweet - Black Currant, Black Cherry, and they taste great in the 901/801 attys whereas the 'heavier flavors' - Habana Reserve, Absinthe, Expresso tastes better at higher wattage - 510's/mods/egos/LRs, etc.

Nhaler's 'Nuport' (not as sweet as 'Newport' ;-) and Janty's RY4/Capp are still on the lineup though. The RY4 esp. takes me back to my first weeks vaping on a regular 510, when I thought 'This could actually replace cigarettes!'. A time to remember. :)

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
I don't like most of the fruit specific liquids, but I do like the dessert stuff from tasty vapor, some of which may have a fruit element but are more complex

I don't know why, but I just do. When I first started, for the first 3 months or so, I vaped only tobacco-ish flavors, marlboro, ry4, dktab, but now even smelling them turns me off and I certainly don't vape them. again, I don't know why

its certainly possible I could switch back, but for now I don't see it happening. The idea of cigarettes and tobacco type of taste don't appeal to me anymore

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
At the higher nic levels 24-36.. yes there is a throat hit and the unflavored has no taste. I smoked Carlton 100's for 40 yrs. and they were like running down a hill with your mouth open so I'm use to a "no taste" cigarette, the unflavored is the closest I've found to that. I cut the nic down from 36 to 9mg now, found that I need the ritual more than the nic.

LMFAO ROFL Skippy, you knocked me out man....." Carlton....like running down a hill with your mouth open......" :lol::lol: I smoked for forty years and switched to Pall Mall ultra lights the last few years, right before I finally quit in January 2010, so I know exactly what you mean. I fell out of my chair laughing...Thanks!!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I really like having a vanilla or cream flavor to mix with my various juices.

Vanilla has been my main go-to flavor since I started vaping. I mostly vape it by itself, but sometimes I mix in a little fruit or tobacco flavor. It's really only recently that I've started enjoying fruity flavors by themselves. I've been finding strawberry especially refreshing lately. Must be the change of seasons.

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
I'm happy for you. After trying the rainbow of flavors out there, you now know what you are generally looking for. That's great. Now you can zero in on the tobacco-style flavors and see what floats your boat.

I don't like the tobacco flavors and continue my search for the perfect black licorice. I feel like an army of one. Good thing I like a lot of the candyish flavors and some of the bakery stuff.

If you are interested and have something interesting to trade, I have some EcoPure Rich I am looking to trade with. Some tobacco lovers like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread