I want a tank that gives more vape than an EVOD but less than a Subtank Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Hi. To understand the way I vape on my ego+evod and my CF4 + Subtank nano please see this thread

I get nothing on the inhale with subtank nano, it's all flavour on the exhale

Basically I like the evod to vape at 6mg at work and is fine but at night I have to vape zero nic so need more power so got a CF4 and subtank nano.

I like it but the drip tip is so wide and it's only really good on the full airhole setting and you can only really do Lung hits and while the flavour is awesome and the vape clouds amazing and dense, I can sometimes find it a bit unsatisfying as the vapour volume is so much that you only really enjoy it on the exhale.

But the EVOD has the right kind of draw BUT does not give enough vapour really for me to enjoy at night, so I want something that gives off vapour / tokes like an EVOD but maybe gives like like twice as much vapour that is a bit warmer....

I want a draw that is a bit tighter than the subtank Nano so I can hotbox (Inhale through mouth while exhaling last inhale through nose) or just enjoy a mouth to lung, cigarette type of draw which you just cannot do with a 5.ohm coil at high watts and with the smaller airholes it is too hot.

So yeah I heard the Kanger Genni tank was good and I hypothesise that if I like normal evods, than maybe the EVOD 2 with the dual coils would be better for my 50/50 type juices at zero nic...?

So yeah to sum up, more denser and warmer vape than an EVOD as using gourmet juices at zero nic at night but a narrower drip tip and less of a lung hit kind of draw than you get with a subtank nano...

Quite a complex question I know, so any replies gratefully recieved...

I need to get it right this time as getting sick of spending too much money...

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I can best sum it up like this

A. On the EVOD there is not too much vapour, thus I can inhale and savour the vapour over my tongue on the inhale if I like and I really like that - the draw is perfect - I JUST WISH THERE WAS MORE VAPOUR!

B. On the Subtank nano there is TOO MUCH vapour all at once and the clouds are too dense, so I cannot savour it as it passes over my tongue - I might be able to with the 1.2 ohm coil at lower watts, we will see...

So yeah, I need EVOD type of draw but bit more vapour really and warmer as vaping zero nic in evenings....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well swapped out the .5ohm coil from the subtank nano. Put in the 1.2ohm and some Hanseng RY4 80PG/20VG.

Was vaping perfectly at about 14.5 watts on the 2nd highest air setting - 2 holes.

It still tears through juice too fast though. But it was really nice, halfway between lunging at .5ohms and halfway between having to strain on the EVOD for more vapour.

So if anyone has vaped the 1.2ohm coil on the subtank with higher PG juice, I guess I want a tank that pretty much draws like that but does not tear through 3ml in an hour...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, yes, everyone has different needs - it's good you know what you like!
But I think you're getting beyond reason in one small way:
- it's OK to want a tank that lets you use any driptip style you like
- it's OK to want a tank that lets you adjust airflow to just how you like. Even to hope for one tank that you like for tight draws but can open for lung-hits
- But the vapor WAS the juice. Meaning, you can't really ask for a device that makes more vapor without using more liquid. If you get a lot of vapor, it's because a lot of juice is gone (vaprorized).
You can compromise - as some people do by going back from dual coils to single, or inching back up from super-low resistance -> which reduces the juice consumption. But it IS also going to reduce the vapor output. That part is a matter of finding the balance that works for you...

Good luck - there's a LOT of different things out there to try!
:D

Reactions: inspects

TWich

Nov 17, 2015
Canada
You might enjoy Kanger's EMOW Mega. I came across it when I wanted a bit more vapor than the EVOD could deliver. Like you, I tried a Subtank, but found that, while I enjoyed the flavour, it was too airy for me (I'm not a lung hitter). Kanger now has VOCC coils for it and, while not as much flavour as you would get with a Subtank, they are better than the old dual coil silica wick ones.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thanks. Yeah you are right of course.

How would say a Nautilus Mini with the new dual BVC 1.6 / 1.8 ohm coils they sell them with now compare in regards to juice consumption with the Subtank Nano at 1.2ohms ...?

The Nautilus will use about half the juice of the Subtank. It will also produce a decent amount of vapor and gives really good flavor.

I use both the Nautilus (full sized) and Subtank Mini daily. I'm really happy with both. I use the Nautilus at work where my boss allows me to vape in my office provided I don't cloud the place up and no one complains. I use the Subtank at home because I prefer straight lung hits and don't have to worry about clouds. I would say the Nautilus has slightly better flavor, but only produces about half the vapor. That said, half the vapor of my Subtank Mini wide open with straight lung hits is still quite a bit of vapor.

20150401_1547581.jpg

That's my Nautilus. I run through about 2.5-3ml in a 9 hour shift with it. I run through around 5ml per day with my Subtank.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah I can confirm the flavour is up there with the subtank and the juices burns about half as much, so will save me some money there. I don't really enjoy lung hits so don't see me using the .5ohm coil much, but the 1.2 ohm coils with the two airholes I found was close to the vaping experience I wanted and am now getting with the Nautilus mini, so can still use my subtanks and no have two flavours on the go which is good.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It still tears through juice too fast though. But it was really nice, halfway between lunging at .5ohms and halfway between having to strain on the EVOD for more vapour.

So if anyone has vaped the 1.2ohm coil on the subtank with higher PG juice, I guess I want a tank that pretty much draws like that but does not tear through 3ml in an hour...

Moving from single coils on EVOD, I think you will be surprised at how much juice your tear thru. (Even when I got a nautilus I went thru about twice as much ejuice as I did with my evods).

I agree with TWich, maybe try an emow. It gives a "little more" than an Evod w/out going over too much IMHO. Granted it is not the latest greatest but then again not sure you need that based on your description so far?

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Really liking the Nautilus mini. Can take it up to 20W with 50/50 juice and great vaping.

Once you've gone subtank and sub ohm though, even the nautilus feels and tastes sort of 'watery...' I've learned how to draw on the subtank in a way that I like now. The hotter vape does taste better and feels more 'toasty.'

Like the vape on the nautilus though and will use it for work or night out but for pure freaky pleasure, .5ohm coil at 30W - 35W in the subtank nano does beat it for intensity and flavour. If you're happy with a Nautilus, just stay with it as I reckon once you go subtank and experience that warmth - there's no going back...

I'll try the Nautilus with the 1.6ohm coils too and see how that is, the guy at the vape shop say they perform better

Yeah good for ADV but not as nice as subtanking for pure pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread