I want to start dripping but I'm unsure of what to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Like the title says, I would like to start dripping but I really have no idea as to what I should purchase. It appears as if the tank Automizers provide the easiest way of dripping and to be honest, those are the only ones that I understand how to fill and use. I currently do not have any Mods so I will be using the automizer with my 510's and 808 battery's with a 510 adapter. I would definitely like to try the tank automizers but I also want to try the regular automizers. Could someone please point me into the right direction as to what I should buy and how to use them. I've looked through numerous Youtube videos and have only found HOW TO's on the tank Automizers. Another thing I am confused about is priming the automizer.

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I suggest a good atty, from Avid (Cisco 1.5 Ohm) or IKenVape I06's. There are many others but these perform very well for months. Money well spent. If you want to go a little further, look into a bottom feeder with those atty's on top. Also suggest a REO from REOSMods.com Nothing like a consistant vape!

expat007

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2012
What day is it
If you have one of those thin 510 batteries with the LED on the end, or an 808 that looks kind of like a cigarette, DO NOT try to use a 1.5 ohm atomizer on it. Not a Cisco or I06 or any other 1.5 ohm atomizer or cartomizer. Those are low resistance and will destroy any battery that small. You need a battery of at least 450mah for a low resistance atomizer.

You also have to pay attention to whether or not the connector of your battery is sealed. If you're a starting dripper, your atomizer WILL leak and if the connector isn't sealed, it will trash your battery.

If you want to try dripping and you have a small 510 or 808 battery, get yourself a plain old 2 or 2.5ohm 510 atomizer, maybe a "bridgeless" one. Get a drip tip. Try it out and see if dripping is for you. If so, you're going to have to invest in a decent sized battery. Then you can think about getting a 1.5ohm Cisco or I06. You can get 2.5 or 3ohm Ciscos, but they're over $20 each. They're worth it if you know you're going to enjoy dripping. If you have a decent sized battery, it's worth it to get a 1.5ohm model. But since your battery is small, you need higher resistance and it's stupid to buy a 2.5 or 3ohm Cisco just to use on a dinky little 510 or 808 e-cig.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Dripping is really nice!!!!! I agree with some of the earlier comments. If you get the dripping bug you'll want to start looking at either 3.7v (something like the KGO, etc) or a VV with more mAh (more the better :laugh:). LR attys are great on 3.7v fat batts (I'm partial to Cisco 1.8ohm 306s), but 3.0ohm 306s or HH.357s absolutely rock out loud at 5.5v.

No matter where you start, a couple tips. 1) if the atty you get comes "primed", blow as much out as you can before vaping 2) prime your atty with 4-6 drops and wait 30secs to 1 min 3) add 2-3 drops and take a dry hit (no button) and listen for the slightest gurgle sound, if there vape away - if not add another drop and check again 4) when the flavor/vapor starts dropping off add another 2-3 drops (rinse repeat)

If you flood it (and we all do occasionally) just blow it back out and start at the 2-3 drop step

Enjoy!

xxoo

Moved On
Apr 23, 2012
shenzheng
  • Deleted by Valsacar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread