i will not smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks everyone. Im pretty sure i have everything i need in set up, juice, nic strength et all (even have some WTA juice) but still- sometimes those demons come knocking any way. Best to not open the door.. cigs are gross to me now and not my friend.. not sure what triggers it. maybe my body is still addicted to all those heinous chemical additives in cigs :facepalm: however- it does go away relatively quickly with vaping.. and by talking to you all :)

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Hang in there, Steph. It really does get better. I've been smoke-free for over 19 months, that's after 45 + years of smoking. We all face the demons & they really do try to trip you up.

I was facing the demons many months ago & I came on ECF asking help. The good people on this forum told me to count the cigarettes I did not smoke & if I slipped up & smoked one to chalk it up to the learning curve. That freed me to be good & not perfect. Well, I never gave in, but it allowed me, in my mind, to not concider myself a failure if I did smoke one. That was all I needed to be free! Demons will come & demons will go, just do your best. It does get easy as time goes on.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Hi Stef !
Went to get gas yesterday....saw the price of ciggys has gone up again !
So-so thankful I'm not buying them anymore.
The gal at the store still has this reflex to grab my pack for me...guess I trained her well.
Then she 'remembers' that I'm not smoking anymore...puts the pack back...with this sad face...:oops:

Remember to drink plenty of water...hydrates you and flushes out all those old toxins.
And vape before you need to...because your training your brain to get it's nic from Vaping- so it won't freak out on you, thinking you are going to deprive it of the nic it needs...hence throwing a nic fit on you !

ktel

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Day 3 for me without analogues.

I'm doing ok , I have had cravings especially in the mornings but today was better than yesterday and I'm just taking it a day at a time

The funny thing is , when it comes to the cravings, it's more of a general feeling that I need something but when I think about actually smoking a cigarette it doesn't appeal to me really . It's hard to explain.

The vaping is taking the edge off that feeling, it's still there but I think over time that will diminish.

I'm ok with the set up and the juice I'm using but have ordered some more flavours so that I can compare .

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
The last time I quit about a year ago, I went cold turkey. I did it by reading this book called, "Stop Smoking the Easy Way". It was written by some British guy and you were basically supposed to smoke the whole time you were reading the book, and he would proceed to call you an idiot and all of that good stuff. The guy definitely didn't go for NRTs. Basically the whole book was bullocks, I only quit for 4 months, but he did make one good point. He said that after quitting if you ever pick up another cigarette, it would probably end up costing you about 100 grand.

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
For me, finding the right juice was even more crucial than finding the right setup. I had PV's I liked with clearos I liked, but I still had a vague unsatisfied feeling sometimes, especially first thing in the morning. I kept trying different liquids and then I found one that hit the spot on the very first vape and the cravings disappeared.

Hang in there. You're stronger than the demons.

I think you hit the nail square on the head with your comments about finding the right juice. I've been starting to see that myself, and I would like to encourage anyone who has trouble feeling satisfied with just vaping to keep searching for a juice that really does it for you. I believe our taste buds and the brain connected to them go through a lot of changes when switching, and you are looking for the combination that will make BOTH of them happy.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I found that I had expelled the demons a few weeks ago. My wife was in a car accident and called me crying at work. I drove to the accident and saw her car smashed into another car. No one was hurt but the car had almost $4,000 in damage. The entire time I vaped but not once did I get the urge to smoke. When I did smoke I would have blown through half a pack in that 45 minutes. Not one single urge. When I got home I realized that I was officially done with smoking.

You can do it. It will take time and willpower but you can get there. Evict the demons with the power of your vape.

kl5167

Mar 6, 2013
Florida
Stefania,

Keep positive thoughts find something else to distract you. Keep the PV close and continue to vape. I know I have my tests (sometimes daily) I find my problem to be I can go hours without vaping and then all of the sudden the demons come knocking. So I over compensate for the need. I am going to try a little lower nic content and maybe have one a little higher on hand. I have made it to day 24 and will not give up. I am going to stick with this so far it has been a good trip just a few road bumps. Stay the course and come back here for some support or fun when needed.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I found that I had expelled the demons a few weeks ago. My wife was in a car accident and called me crying at work. I drove to the accident and saw her car smashed into another car. No one was hurt but the car had almost $4,000 in damage. The entire time I vaped but not once did I get the urge to smoke. When I did smoke I would have blown through half a pack in that 45 minutes. Not one single urge. When I got home I realized that I was officially done with smoking.

You can do it. It will take time and willpower but you can get there. Evict the demons with the power of your vape.

It usually takes a test like that to realize you don't NEED a cigarette! How many people, including ourselves, would try quitting smoking cold turkey to bum a smoke off someone at the first sign of stress! Even though I am vaping, I went through cigarette withdrawal! I see it this way, after going through the pain and time having a tattoo removed, why would you have the same tattoo put on the same spot?

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Day 3 for me without analogues.

I'm doing ok , I have had cravings especially in the mornings but today was better than yesterday and I'm just taking it a day at a time

The funny thing is , when it comes to the cravings, it's more of a general feeling that I need something but when I think about actually smoking a cigarette it doesn't appeal to me really . It's hard to explain.

The vaping is taking the edge off that feeling, it's still there but I think over time that will diminish.

I'm ok with the set up and the juice I'm using but have ordered some more flavours so that I can compare .

FIGHT IT!!! FIGHT IT!!! FIGHT IT!!!
I had the same "one day at a time" attitude when I first started vaping. Getting up and having that first smoke in the morning was the most satisfying with coffee but since the analog stinky cigarettes are totally out of the house, along with a great tasting juice, the wanting to quit smoking.
I'm now just over 2 weeks into vaping and not even thought about having a analog and feeling better with every passing analog free day.:2cool:

ktel

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
This is day 8 and it is easier now.

However, I will make sure never to get complacent

FIGHT IT!!! FIGHT IT!!! FIGHT IT!!!
I had the same "one day at a time" attitude when I first started vaping. Getting up and having that first smoke in the morning was the most satisfying with coffee but since the analog stinky cigarettes are totally out of the house, along with a great tasting juice, the wanting to quit smoking.
I'm now just over 2 weeks into vaping and not even thought about having a analog and feeling better with every passing analog free day.:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread