I would really like to resolve this amicably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluzeman

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Ohio
I have not been able to come to a good resolution to this matter. I put in a ticket but have not had any contact with Hoogie so I thought I would try one last time here.

I ordered a chrome snake head drip tip. The price was 6 dollars (ok, 5.99) and shipping. It was received completely clogged with some kind of nasty yellow substance. It was solid, but looked like some type of powder that had hardened. I attempted to scrape it out, soaked it in hot water, and the inside was still coated with this stuff. I also had a medicine kind of smell to it. I have no idea if this crap is toxic or what, but I don't get the feeling it would be very safe to use it.

The response I got to the ticket was to send it back. I replied and said it's a 6 dollar drip tip. It will cost me 4 dollars or more to ship it back. Aside from a 1 year hiatus I took from vaping, I have been a loyal customer to madvapes for quite a while. I have spent hundreds of dollars there. How about you send me a prepaid shipping label to send it back? The response was we do not send shipping labels.

This is a totally unacceptable solution in my opinion. I have received an item that is filled with something that could possibly be poison, and it's my responsibility to pay to ship it back?

Hoogie, I await your response. I would hate to think that you would prefer to lose a customer who has spent hundreds of dollars with your company over a 6 dollar item.

I will be happy to mail it back COD, or if you send me a label. It's not the money, it's the principle. If the only solution is for me to pay to send it to you, I'll throw it in the trash and take my business elsewhere.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Before I buy Anything over the Internet, I read the Return policy for the Retailer in their T’s and C’s. If it states that I have to pay the Postage back to the Retailer for DOA or Damaged Goods, then that is what it is.

If I receive a $6 item and it is Damaged then I have Two Choices. Pay the Shipping to send it Back. Or toss it and Move On.

It isn’t a matter of Principle to me. It’s a matter of a Sales Contract that I entered into when I placed the Order.

I don’t like paying to send something back to a Retailer but I knew that this could happen BEFORE I placed the Order. So if it does, I don’t get too Upset or Spend much Time or Effort Dealing with It.

I just pick one of my Two options and Get On with my Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread