I06 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I have been using a 1.5 ohm Io6 on my Provari but wanted to switch it over to the Reo and I have the GV sleeve on the IO6 but when I squonk the IO6 floods into the well and makes a big mess!
I tried just a little squonk and my throat almost got burnt out lol.
I think the 1.5 ohm is too hot for the Reo though because it like like 3.7-3.9 volts fully charged.
Anyways can anyone help me stop this messiness on the Reo and make the Io6 work well with the REO?
Thanks for any help!
Also did Issac get rid of the rewards when you buy from Ikenvape?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The I06 is a dripping atomizer and dripping is an art. Too much juice dripped into it and it runs out the air vents on the bottom (threaded area). Too little and you get a burnt flavor. The best thing you can do is read some of Switcher's and Loft's posts in the stickies.
At 3.7 volts a 1.5 ohm atty runs at just over 9 watts. If you go much higher your going to burn it.

Iken had a rewards points thing but this new site doesn't seem to list them. I looked and couldn't find them either.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
The I06 is a dripping atomizer and dripping is an art. Too much juice dripped into it and it runs out the air vents on the bottom (threaded area). Too little and you get a burnt flavor. The best thing you can do is read some of Switcher's and Loft's posts in the stickies.
At 3.7 volts a 1.5 ohm atty runs at just over 9 watts. If you go much higher your going to burn it.

Iken had a rewards points thing but this new site doesn't seem to list them. I looked and couldn't find them either.

I am ok with dripping but I would like to use it on my Reo and it just over flows every time I squonk.
Maybe the Io6 doesn't work well with a bottom feeder?
Do you have any ideas on how to use the Io6 on a Reo?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I am ok with dripping but I would like to use it on my Reo and it just over flows every time I squonk.
Maybe the Io6 doesn't work well with a bottom feeder?
Do you have any ideas on how to use the Io6 on a Reo?

I ran into that too on my VmodXL. The cartos I used were made specially for bottom feeders and vent through the bottom.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Sorry Wharf o buddy but these vent through the bottom and are made specifically for bottom feeders.

carto_zps3e172b69.png

Isaac uses I06s but mentioned he had to clean the juice out too. The Reo sub forum is a good place to go as Wharf mentioned.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Oh man, I wish I knew what was going on here. I exclusively use i06's on my bottom feeders. 1.5Ω on 18650 models and 2.5Ω on VV types. I Love Platinum cartos and use them for the majority but when I pick up my Reo or even Phiniac, I get hit with that remembering great feeling. Steve when you say it pours, can you elaborate please?As usual Nick and J5 are the absolute greatest guys to have on your side with advice. I would hit up the Reo forum just in case too. Can you also try a standard 510 atomizer and let us know the results?

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Oh man, I wish I knew what was going on here. I exclusively use i06's on my bottom feeders. 1.5Ω on 18650 models and 2.5Ω on VV types. I Love Platinum cartos and use them for the majority but when I pick up my Reo or even Phiniac, I get hit with that remembering great feeling. Steve when you say it pours, can you elaborate please?As usual Nick and J5 are the absolute greatest guys to have on your side with advice. I would hit up the Reo forum just in case too. Can you also try a standard 510 atomizer and let us know the results?

I don't have any 510's at the moment but everytime I sqonk the juice into the Io6 it floods around the connection even with the GV sleeve.
I really need to find a way to make this work.
I use Bobas and the 1.5 I am using seems to taste rather burnt on the Reo.
I might need to try the 1.8 and see if its any better with taste because I think Bobas doesn't go too well with a 1.5.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have been using IO6s on both the REO and VMod V2 without issues. Folks need to move away from 100% VG liquids if they want their stuff to work. I have been saying this for years now.

When I was an open participant on this forum I stated it. Don't blame the equipment!!! I use to hear, In am not about to give up my liquid for X. Sorry folks then buy Y.

*SNIP

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
I have been using IO6s on both the REO and VMod V2 without issues. Folks need to move away from 100% VG liquids if they want their stuff to work. I have been saying this for years now.

When I was an open participant on this forum I stated it. Don't blame the equipment!!! I use to hear, In am not about to give up my liquid for X. Sorry folks then buy Y.

*SNIP
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I do like my 100% VG though lol.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I do like my 100% VG though lol.

No problem good buddy :) At least now you know.

As discussed previously all bad performance from Ikenvape equipment can directly be related to liquid or the user. I know this is not what folks want to hear, but it is the truth :(

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I know this Evod BBC Clearomizer is just too hard for me to quit using. I fill it around 3 times a day and it always has great taste, clouds of vapor, and I've been using this same head for way longer than 45 days. It sure saves on my Fusion stock because I'm always using it. That's the bad thing for Isaac is his stuff laqsts so long he misses out on sales.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

*SNIP

Well nuts to you! lol

I have to use 100 VG - I'm full blown allergic to PG. So there. I just stuck an I06 in a Vmod XL and I'm not having the leaky gloopy problems the OP is having. And it's feeding my "gravy style" VG from The Vapor Room fine so...

Seriously, the I06 is working a hella lot better than those "special" Vapage attys. (When I run across someone who actually likes those things I'll get back to you.) They seemed to be boiling juice rather than creating vapor, even at 2.0 ohms. Just nasty, "metallic" flavor was coming off that thing. It's really hard to describe the experience - other than "wrong." Every so often that atty did something I could only describe as backfiring. I would hear a soft "pop" and get a sensation of a hot vapor bubble blowing up in it. It was getting scary.

The draw was terrible too. So, ok - blame my VG. I don't care. All I can tell you is the draw on the I06 is just plain - normal.

Either I got a bad Vapage atty with my Vmod. Or it's just a great idea with a bad design behind it. Having compared the two there's no way I'm going back for a second bite at the Vapage atty's. And I'm gonna keep sticking 100 VG in the I06 and I like it. So neener. :pervy:

Reo Mini should be in my vape mail today. So we'll see how that goes with an I06.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread