Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Bought a nice setup from IBTANKED with the 1.8ohm smok cartos. I know I have primed the carto properly. The Thingy works well and I also did the PBusardo method for priming. The carto is properly primed. All 3 or 4 of the cartos I have tried have been properly primed...

What is with the fairly dead semi dry hit I am getting?

I have tried juice I know to be flavorful and no luck at all. I have tried every wattage from 7-10...

Am I doing something wrong:confused:

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
I have been using the Smok cartos from IBTanked since November and have yet to have a bad one. That is not to say that they can't have a bad batch, just haven't got any myself yet.

What kind of juice are you using? PG/VG ratio? Which carto are you using, how many holes? I don't see a 1.8 on the IBTanked site. I usually go with the 3.2 ohm, single coil, 2 hole.

On the power side, I am attaching a link to a power chart that will give you some ideas on where to run your carto.

http://www.ecigadvanced.com/community/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/power.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are these single or dual coils? Dual coils can develop a dry burnt taste if the top coil burns the polyfill wick material due to inadequate wicking. This can occur naturally simply because of the dual coil design in cartomizers. Once I switched from dual to single coils I rarely get the burnt taste.

I'd also suggest using a higher ohm coil than 1.8 ohm. Those burn hotter than a higher resistance will and can also give a dry burnt taste.

I typically use Ikenvape Platinum standard resistance (2.5 ohm) cartos. I rarely have had a bad Ikenvape, but the last three in a row that I've used were dry/burnt from the get-go. Unfortunately, it happens. Bad batches happen.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Meaning they'll have cartos back in stock? I'm really liking the nitro!

Isaac just posted in one the other IKV threads yesterday, that the next batched of Nitros should be (sometime) soon. He says there a LOT better than the current ones, but I can't yet speak from experience. I'll be buying some when they come, because I trust in what he says.

They're worth trying based on that alone (for me). Time will tell.

Patrick H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
New Mexico
Same here. Slotted only. IKV Plats, when in stock, with Boge slots one step behind but often in use due to.necessity. All non flanged. Do.they even make flanged ones, other than the trashy ones that ship with some tanks from FT?

Sent from a Galaxy, far-far-away.

Which? Boge makes flanged cartos, but not flanged slotted that I recall.. All my tanks are intended for flanged cartos, and I assumed until recently that I needed the flange. Yes, I use cheap Smok tanks..:)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Slotted flanged.are close.to.impossible to.find (but they do exist). You don't NEED the flanged, but if it's.a loose fit,you've got.to.be ultra careful when grabbing it. Those Splash Tanks are one good.example where caution is required.

Sent from a Galaxy, far-far-away.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I buy my Smok cartos 100 at a time and this latest batch Id say one in five has been less than stellar.

I also thought there was a problem with my latest batch of Smoks when 7 died prematurely. Turns out I was not Priming them correctly or sufficiently.

With this experience I am now using Baditudes method with the toothpick and adding drops from the top to flick it down. I am also using the IBTanked Thingy to really Prime it. I believe this solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread