Ice drops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
Want a little extra kick in your cig flavors, or just some fresh breath, add a drop of "ice drops" to your cart. WHOA!!! It's like . . . BAM! LOL

You can get them at any liquor store or gas station for $1 or less. I bought both spearmint and Icy Mint. I didn't buy the red one because it contained red #40.

Beware, you can register on a breathalyzer using icy drops. Just fyi. Other than that, tastes amazing and STRONG!!!

Enjoy

20007.jpg

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
That sounds good Joe, Did you look at the content? Any oil at all?
I found it!

Ice Drops is a product manufactured by Oralabs, Inc. (Englewood, CO) that is intended to be used as a breath freshener. The liquid is distributed in small plastic vials and is available in different flavors. IcyMint™ Ice Drops consists of water, SD alcohol, Tween 20, glycerin, flavor (peppermint), sodium saccharin, and FD&C Blue #1. The total volume is 1/9 fluid ounce or 3.6 mL. The instructions on the vial recommend using one drop on the tongue.

Last edited:

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Hi Joe Joe,

Very interesting. I just bought a pack of three from Big Lots.

However, my reason for buying was to dump the contents and use the bottles to hold my juice when I go out They are a perfect little size and it is cheaper than buying the bottles alone online and paying some crazy shipping price to ship the three little bottles,

Now, I will rethink the dumping of the contents.

Thanks!

Leave it to Mary to list the contents. Thanks! Doesn't sound like anything too much different than what we are already using.

Skwerley

Jun 12, 2009
Texas
sodium saccharin is a sweetener. saccharin itself tends to get unstable with heat. im pretty sure the sodium salt state which is used in these drops protects against that. also that means no sucrose/glucose, so no worries of corroding the atty (at least short term).
tween 20 is a very stable emulsifier, just like glycerin. I'm no chemist but it sounds safe as long as you have durable equipment. ill definitely have to try that

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
Doesn't sound like anything too much different than what we are already using.

and it's got kick like WHOA!! Please use sparingly. This stuff is strong.

I'm gunna try some in my flavorless liquid and mix with some VG. I don't think menthol stands a chance. LOL

Let me know how you guys like it.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
sodium saccharin is a sweetener. saccharin itself tends to get unstable with heat. im pretty sure the sodium salt state which is used in these drops protects against that. also that means no sucrose/glucose, so no worries of corroding the atty (at least short term).
tween 20 is a very stable emulsifier, just like glycerin. I'm no chemist but it sounds safe as long as you have durable equipment. ill definitely have to try that

I am looking for a way to bring a bit more sweetness to my juice. I know sugar is a no-no b/c it will gum up the atty, but I have a bottle of liquid sugar substitute made from sodium saccharin NF 2.5%. Isn't sticky at all- feels like water....I read this post and wondered if anyone who tried the ice drops had any equipment problems or have learned anymore about this sweetener.

Here's what's on the label of the bottle I have:

Water
Sodium Saccharin NF 2.5%
Benzoic Acid
Menthyl Paraben as preservatives

It says 1 drop = 1 tsp of sugar, so it wouldn't take much to make a big difference...anyone know if this is safe?

I'm wondering what the vendors use to sweeten their premixed juices, too.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Hi Joe Joe,

Very interesting. I just bought a pack of three from Big Lots.

However, my reason for buying was to dump the contents and use the bottles to hold my juice when I go out They are a perfect little size and it is cheaper than buying the bottles alone online and paying some crazy shipping price to ship the three little bottles,

Now, I will rethink the dumping of the contents.

Thanks!

Leave it to Mary to list the contents. Thanks! Doesn't sound like anything too much different than what we are already using.

I hit Big Lots and found some sour candy drops. Poured the liqiud into and empty bottle (we have lots of those) so I got a dozen 3.2 ml bottles for $4.00. Just had to clean them and take the labels off. No shipping costs and the candy isn't bad either. Very strong, too bad I can't use it for juice. Can I? Nah... I really just wanted the bottles.

--Daffy

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
I hit Big Lots and found some sour candy drops. Poured the liqiud into and empty bottle (we have lots of those) so I got a dozen 3.2 ml bottles for $4.00. Just had to clean them and take the labels off. No shipping costs and the candy isn't bad either. Very strong, too bad I can't use it for juice. Can I? Nah... I really just wanted the bottles.

--Daffy

it looks pretty small. Does it fit in a 510 PCC cart slot?

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
it looks pretty small. Does it fit in a 510 PCC cart slot?

Dream on... No, it's too wide, but i can see how it could easily fit with a little modification. They're so small, who cares if you have to carry them in your pockets. I got them mainly for handing out samples to the people at work (or taking samples) when I get a new flavor or trying out new DIY mixes. I've got 15ml of this cherry that I'm just so over it isn't funny!

Besides their adorable. I aways get a kick out of watching Rob (TERRAPHON) handling thosy tiny bottle with his massive hands in his reviews. I'm sure watching him thread a needle would be equally amusing.

--Prof Daffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread