Iclear 16 coil replacement schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
Hi everyone. I'm still a noob to e-cigs so bear with me. This has probably been answered a million times, but here's my question. I've been vaping a month now. With those starter kit clearomizers. The Iclear 16. I might have a clone. I don't know. How often should I change my coils? How do I know when they are dying? Also can I replace just the wick and the wire on these coils. They have a silica wick and I would like to replace it with cotton and Kanthal. I think the coils are 1.8 ohms, but don't quote me on that.
Thanks kindly in advance.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I've put about 20ml through my first Iclear16 so far, did one dry burn in it in that time. I use a relatively clear liquid in it, so I expect it to keep going for a while without much fuss. Maybe a dry burn every 10ml or so.

I think the dual coils will make it very hard to rebuild, so I got a bunch of spare coils during a sale a while back.

I wish iclear would come out with a glass tank option, I vape a lot of citrusy tank cracker flavors.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
coil life is subjective and dependent on type of eliquid (sweet and/or dark will gunk up quicker), volume of eliquid used

best indication a coil needs to be replaced is if it starts tasting burnt

dual coils are really, really hard to rebuild and I believe we will see most manufacturers switching to dual coil tanks because of this

(last time I bought Protank coil was over 3 months ago)

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
Ok....So this is what I did. I went from a single wick 2.4 ohms to a double wick 1.8 ohms. I just purchased new coil heads. Like previous Suegeo said, it would be a PITA. I didn't do a dry burn. Is that just torching it quickly with a lighter...or pressing the power button for a few seconds with no liquid? Wicks are silica (I believe). Why a dry burn? The coils hit well. So in all...Success. I vaped a month on 2 coils. I was starting to get a bit of a burnt glycol taste. With the new coil...none of that.
I really want to go to cotton and kanthal. I don't know if stock clearos like this use kanthal or ni-chrome. I have a Vivi Nova. Is that rebuildable with cotton and Kanthal, or also too much of a pain in the ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread