Burnt taste and increasing resistance on an iClear 30s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigChrono

Oct 4, 2013
NC, USA
I have an innokin iTaste VTR (which can measure the resistance of an attached atomizer), with an iClear 30s. I recently got some 2.1 ohm replacement coils for the iClear 30s from discountvapers.com, but when using them, over a few days the measured resistance increases, and it starts to taste burnt. Right now I'm using an atomizer marked as 2.1 ohms thats measuring at 3 ohms, and it's tasting quite burnt at 7.5w, and this is the second atomizer to have this happen. Unless I'm just wearing them out really fast, what could be causing this? There isn't really a way to clean the coil or look inside because of the way the iClear 30s atomizers are built, so I just have to replace them.

Edit: I cleaned the connections, vaped a little... And now it's measuring 3.3 ohms. I don't have an ohmmeter (I need one) or anything to test the resistance with other than my VTR.

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Hmm that's odd. I know my regular iclear30 head now measures at 2.1 on my MVP2 but was originally 2.0. I'm not sure what would cause such a big difference for you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here. I have an iclear30s and 5 coils coming for Christmas and I hope I don't have the same problems. How many coils have you had this problem with?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

DigChrono

Oct 4, 2013
NC, USA
Hmm that's odd. I know my regular iclear30 head now measures at 2.1 on my MVP2 but was originally 2.0. I'm not sure what would cause such a big difference for you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here. I have an iclear30s and 5 coils coming for Christmas and I hope I don't have the same problems. How many coils have you had this problem with?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Just two so far. The coil that came with the tank worked beautifully for quite awhile. I've noticed a .1 ohm variance with my VTR, which isn't a huge deal a huge deal.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yup, gunk build up on the coils. Are you using sweet or dark flavors? Higher vg than pg ratios? If so, these tend to gunk up coils faster.

I've only been using the original iClear 30, and they are relatively easy to clean. Being that the iClear 30S is enclosed in a carto-like tube, I'm not sure how easy it would be to attempt to clean them. You may need to let them soak for a few minutes in hot water, and then do some dry burns after they dry out completely.

I found a very good video on You Tube that shows how to clean and dry burn an iClear 30. Perhaps you can adapt his method to the iClear 30S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread