Icon Pre-order Officially Open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
I was just about to place a pre-order on the Icon, but then noticed that protected 14500 batteries will NOT fit. All I have is protected 14500 batteries. I was at first disappointed but then I read that it could POSSIBLY take AW IMR 14500 batteries. Can this be confirmed? I'm not a big fan of unprotected batteries, but the AW IMR batteries are outstanding because of there chemistry. And if the Icon can take those batteries I will make the pre-order as soon as this can be confirmed.

~Any info on this would be appreciated. :)
thanks

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will check out the BDL IMR 14500 batteries online to see if there are any differences vs. AW style. If not I will make the pre- order but if the AW's do fit that would seal the deal. :)

edit: I just read up on the BDL style and I'm getting mixed reviews (mostly good reviews). So I will play it safe and wait for the tests on the AW style. Again thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Last edited:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Ok guys I just ordered the Icon. I livechat'd (did I say that correctly?) with Casey and asked a load of questions. Two that slipped my mind are:

Does the Icon have a locking mechanism for the switch like the V3, and what is the tension on the spring for the switch?

Does anyone have the inside scoop on this?:facepalm:

Big ups to Casey! I had a bunch of questions even though every one was supposed to be my last. Thanks for being so helpful.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
Ok guys I just ordered the Icon. I livechat'd (did I say that correctly?) with Casey and asked a load of questions. Two that slipped my mind are:

Does the Icon have a locking mechanism for the switch like the V3, and what is the tension on the spring for the switch?

Does anyone have the inside scoop on this?:facepalm:

Big ups to Casey! I had a bunch of questions even though every one was supposed to be my last. Thanks for being so helpful.

the icon definitely has a locking switch on it, and the tension of the spring is probably in the medium range (compared to the V3 light and heavy springs).

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I was skeptical about the bottom button on the V3. But after using it, especially after 2 months, I have no desire to go back to a side-mounted button again. I was really surprised at how natural it feels to use. The bottom button is the major reason I pre-ordered an Icon even though I have two perfectly functioning Proteges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread