USA
What are you upgrading to?
Is it more like a maintenance kit?

Prodigy V3.1 & Icon V1.1 Upgrade Kit

COMPONENTS:
1 x Delrin Insert/Spacer
1 x Flat Washer
2 x Brass Screws

*** This kit is for those that purchased the Prodigy V3 and/or ICON V1. This kit allows you to use *cheaper* brass machine screws.

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gif

clear1x1.gif

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
What are you upgrading to?

The kit includes the parts that were not in the original V1's but introduced in the V1.1's

Helps to prevent any misfires and, IMO, eliminates the need for noalox, which actually makes it the opposite of a maintenance kit, kinda.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
No. It's a satin stainless finish, not a chrome-like finish. At least I never have problems with fingerprints. But if you care which I prefer, I much prefer the Media Blasted finish. It's a more dull grey color and looks very nice. I ordered my first V3 in the satin stainless but later decided that I wanted the Media finish. So I bought that and relegated the satin as my backup unit.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
I just purchased an Icon 1.1 thanks to the great sale. This is my first PS mod. Am I correct in thinking that this switch issue has been resolved in the 1.1 version? Also, what is the average time a battery charge will last. I am a heavy vaper and ended up with a 1000 mAh ego to have something that lasted 8 hours. Any other tips for the Icon 1.1 will be appreciated. Thank you

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey trichman ...

Yes, there are no issues with the .1's ... whether that be Prodigy or ICON. Both carry upgrades over the V3 and V1. With that said, some units will need to have the switch adjusted (by inserting a washer that takes about 30 seconds) simply due to the fact not all batteries are created equal. Otherwise, you should be fine.

The ICON 14500 is pretty equivalent to the Mega eGo Battery minus the fact its much cheaper to replace the 14500 than eGo batts :) If you get 8 hours with a Mega eGo, you should get atleast 7-8 with the ICON assuming your vaping habits don't change.

Me personally, I get about 5-6 hours with a 14500, but I go through 6ml of eliquid per day, and almost never set it down.

Enjoy trichman!

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Is the Icon a 510 thread? Also what cartomizers work well on it? Considering getting one just wanting to do a little research first.

Stock notwithstanding, you can order any of these three adaptors/heads with the Icon.

As for the best cartomisers, you may find some suggestions in one of these threads.

GMalarkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
GA
Great Choice :) My personal fav & the most popular adapter :)

Thank you sir. I purchased my first kit from Puresmoker and now want a good mod. With the popularity of 510 carto's and the great reviews I've heard on both the dual coil and low resistance ones I think it will be the one for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread