idea for US e-liquid makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

john434343

May 17, 2016
hello. so im not sure where to post this, but i just registered because i had this idea that maybe the US juice makers who might not be able to pass these these FDA tests for whatever reason, could start selling premixed flavour shots so we could DIY their awesome juices on our end.
i live in europe btw
id be so depressed if i couldnt get my vct
anyway maybe somebody else had this idea already, im not really on the forums much

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That may be the way to go.
However, the way the FDA wrote these regs, we REALLY want to get them revised - because as it stands, if there is "INTENTION" or "EXPECTATION" that the product would get used WITH Nicotine - even if added later by a consumer - then the product supposedly falls under the regs, and would be subject to the insane approval/rejection process...

I know. It sucks.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
cartoont_FDAinChinaVsUSA_600x439.jpg

Federal Dooming Authority :glare:

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
In Australia and New Zealand where it is illegal to sell nic most eliquid vendors offer "doublers",the flavour in a double strength designed to be mixed to the nic strength of the end users choice.

It does not look like this approach is enough to get around the FDA regs,unfortunately.

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
yep...the Aussies realised last week that Simon Chapman has been part of a group that has been drafting(behind closed doors)proposed regulation for Aus,basically it looks like the medical device approval route and for us Kiwis the govt just gave funding to our own ANTZ to do a study on cessation efficacy,I;m pretty sure I know how that's going to turn out.

The timing of all this looks very suspect.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Australia and Canada seem similar ... waiting for the FDA to play its hand.

Then, they either tax it or ban it.

Both countries have their own BTs ... they will be churning out the same cigalikes USA BT has ... within a month.

Sent via iPhone

If the FDA regs fall into place, I'm assuming Canada the lemming it is will follow the lead and jump off the cliff also. Not looking forward to what's going to be happening in the next year of vaping. Sure glad I rebuild and DIY my juice so nicotine is going to be the contraband and harder to get.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
According the the FlavorArt guy (sorry - don't know the name) - he's working with officials in Canada, they've decided that it's NOT tobacco, and they are going to create a separate category with some kind of oversight/regulation that MIGHT actually make a little sense.
That may be optimistic, but ANY grain of truth there is better than what the FDA is trying to do.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Premixed flavor explicitly labeled for DIY use would still be classified as a tobacco product. It's ridiculous, but that's how it stands.

However, comma space, there is an option. Most DIYers are familiar with Capella flavorings and flavorings from The Perfumer's Apprentice. If you take a close look at their websites and how their products are marketed, you'll notice that they are very careful to advertise them as food flavors - there's no mention of vaping or eliquid or anything associated with it. Their products are even labeled "For food use only".

So, while it would be possible for US eliquid companies to create and market flavor only, it would be difficult. They'd have to figure out a way to advertise and market that eliminates the reasonable expectation that they're intended to be used in e-liquid. Just slapping on a "For food use only" label probably wouldn't suffice.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread