Not open for further replies.

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
GG family,

Does anyone have an idiot's guide to using the UFS v2 ?

I can do everything up to putting the eliquid in, then I need a step by step guide.

I've watched all the video's on youtube but am still having problems with my UFS. :mad:

I either get gurgling or burnt taste or flooding (juice coming out the 4 holes on the collector tank), some at the same time.

Odysseus i've licked, but this is very frustrating.

So far i've tried a debridged Cisco LR 510 Atomiser 1.5 ohm - stainless and an ordinary Cisco LR 510 Atomiser 1.5 ohm - stainless, same thing on both.

All help will be greatly appreiciated.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Be VERY slow and patient about opening juice control. Give it a couple of puffs at each stop! This solved my month long UFS dilemma (was getting gurgling, burnt taste, flooding too).

Also don't tighten the top cap too much (the cap that goes over the top o-ring). What I do is I tighten it, take it off, then put it back on but loose

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yeah, very small changes when opening the juice control is key. Once you find that "right" spot for your juice it quickly becomes easy to set on subsequent fills, then just adjust slightly as needed. I find that it's better to have it closed a little too much than to have it not closed enough since when too much closed you can still force-feed a little more juice by giving it a quick and hard suck, but if it's open too much it's going to flood

Also make sure your juice control is fully closed while you're filling it . . . I've made that mistake :oops:

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
Don't get to frustrated. I put mine up after ruining 3 ikenvape attys and losing about 1/2 my favorite juice.

Well supplied, 120 ml of juice and 20 spare attys I picked up again last night and am getting the swing of things.

If I get gurgling, I lock it up, let it clear out, and then try agin once it's the dry hits no matter what I do is vacuum problem so I back up the small cap, and possibly the large to reset. Do these independently else risk the top o-ring locking on the atty and you unscrew that in the process. Not fun when that happens.

Even at 60/40 pg/vg this thin juice, some i'm only open about 1/8 turn if that. Also, I never fill with a bottle that's been in my pocket. Since it's warmed, it's thinner so prone to flood.

Good luck with it. You'll notice marinal improvements Until you land in the right zone, which I've just recently done myself.

It'll still be some time before I leave the house without my dripping setup, but hopeful soon.

-Z

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
Thanks for the advice GG family.

I got it back out again today and followed all your advise, I think I'm finally getting there.

What I've noticed it a slight gurgle at the beginning of each puff, if I dont hear the gurgle I give it a pull with no button push, this seems to be working at the moment.

This is a work in progress. :)

Cheers all.

Also, I like a tight pull so I have the draw control ring nearly closed, juice control is about a quater turn open.

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks for the advice GG family.

I got it back out again today and followed all your advise, I think I'm finally getting there.

What I've noticed it a slight gurgle at the beginning of each puff, if I dont hear the gurgle I give it a pull with no button push, this seems to be working at the moment.

This is a work in progress. :)

Cheers all.

Also, I like a tight pull so I have the draw control ring nearly closed, juice control is about a quater turn open.
Glad it's working out. After I posted, I said to myself "You're commited now, so you better make a go of it". So, I've been using it exclusively (other than to swap out to test a flavor) for 24hrs.

The thing I figured out is the top cap can be your worst enemy. If you close the juice control, and the top cap is tight, you need to worry about atty unscrewing with the juice control. If that happens, it's going to be one hell of a mess. Keep a mental note how far you opened it. If closing is more, and it's still not closed, stop and evaluate. This happened today, and I caught it at about 1/2 turn. I turned it back, and used a drip tip with some downward pressure to rethread the atty.

I wouldn't worry about a slight gurgling. I generally get that when I refill a drip with a few drops, so I consider a starting gurgle to be a non-issue. But, I'd close it a tiny bit.. I mean millimeters, as you're near the sweet spot.

The other thing I discovered was that vasaline on the top cap o-ring was a problem. I cleaned the o-ring (Left the upper cap as is), and my vacuum problem went away.

At this point, no gurgling, no burning, no leaking.. Just non-stop vaping bliss. Chain-vape it, let it sit, it just doesn't seem to matter.

(I assume there a some vets nodding at this point)

Hope you get there soon,

Best,

-Z

Last edited:

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
Dont you just hate it when that happens, I just refilled it, almost to the top and the whole lot ended up in my lap. :oops:

Anyway, the UFS is much harder to work than the Odysseus, UFS is very much a hands on experiance.

I use a UFS 510 extension and a UFS metal mouthpiece at the moment, I've got the top cap but only small 510 atomisers.

I've got a long barrel HH.357 2ohm on order which should be here soonish, not sure if this will make any difference.

What I'm finding is you have to keep the draw control almost closed and draw/pull on it quite hard, not sure if thats because I'm using a 1.5ohm LR or not, maybe I dont have the juice control open enough, I'm just worried about flooding the atty, I've got the juice control about a 1/4 turn.

When it works, I rather like the UFS but when it doesn't I feel like throughing the darn thing out the window. :p

Like I said before, this is a work in progress.

Cheers Z.

Serpent67

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Smoky Mountains
Mine came in today from Renzuli and I been tinkering with it. I've been cheating and using punched carto with juice control sealed off.

I seem to get very airy draw because if I close down air control too much it will pull juice into carto too much and begin to flood.

I have to settle with airy draw and not as much vapor to keep a happy medium against the flooding.

I'm not ready to try with atties and not worthy....yet :D

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
Thanks for the advice Rip,

I have 2 HH.357's inbound, i was going to try Joye aswell.

I did notice that the air holes on the atty didnt line up with the gaps on the UFS Connector, do you guys think that may be the problem.

There still seems to be quite a gap for juice to get to the atty.
I did see somewhere (Geekgirl's video maybe) not to line up the hole with the openings. But if you screw an atty onto the connector w/o the bottom cup attached, and look at it from the side, it appears there is plenty of room for juice to get in there still. Maybe it looks like a wider gap than it really is to me, but I don't think the alignment matters, or very little. I may be wrong(TM). Like I said, I only recall that mentioned in 1 place. I seem to get the same results no matter where the holes line up, but I am still a n00b even with 3 UFSv2's lol

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
Yeh, it was MerGryphon's video,

but like I said the gap looks wide enough for PG to flow well, maybe not so well for a thick VG.

I think my problem is the atty, anyone used a Cisco 1.5ohm LR in the UFS ?

If its not the atty, its back to the drawing board for me. :p

I bought 5 of the buggers too. :)
I've used quite a few. Mainly HH357's but a lot of different ones at various times. I just can't seem to get it right. I might get one going for half a tank or so, but I inevitably make a bad adjustment and then it floods or get's dry and I get no vapor or dry hits. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and play with one all day and see if I can make myself feel like a genius. The UFS feels like my remote control truck...it blows all the competition away. Just not with me driving it! A 15 year old kid beat a 2 year track record with it and beat my best time with my own truck by an embarrassing amount of time. And he doesn't even own an RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread