if someone can help me quick in case I can do a fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Back to battery woes.. Just about every time I get super content! I walked by and saw a steady light shining through the tiny crack in my pcc and knew my battery in there had to have been charged a good while ago- good thing I did because I noticed the led on my manual battery was steady shining. Took it out of the pcc- still on. Hit the button a few times- still stayed on. I took the bat and screwed it into the wall charger and plugged it in - led still on, but the wall charger did show a red light showing it was charging. Took it back off and tried a cart on it to see if it at least worked at all despite what's going on with the led, but it did absolutely nothing.

Now I don't know much about electrics or batteries or anything- does anyone know what may have happened or if I can fix it? I would super appreciate any kind of help!!!

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
I don't know--but I do know that it's been suggested for 'stuck on' batteries to let them run down (obv without a carto on, even if yours isn't actually doing anything) completely and then recharge to 'reset' them. But--I don't know if that will fix this issue cause I'm not an electronics person either. :oops: I'm sure one of them will chime in tho.

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
I suck at these threads since when my batteries were done, PFFT, they were done.

If your LED was activated, and you put a cart onto it, did it activate the cart, ie: sizzle?

Nope- no sizzle and I was listening for any teensy little sound from it. Tried to drag off it and no vapor at all- as if it was was completely dead, which weirded me out since the led was still shining. :confused:

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Thanks much - I appreciate all the ideas so far and any ideas to come! If it was just a fluke and reset itself I would be THRILLED! Laugh if ya want, but this battery and I have become sort of attached. lol... I hope I'm not the only one that has become attached to a favorite battery and sounding like some kind of a weirdo... :oops: I've had bad luck with batteries on and off, but this one was my little beast that worked like a champ any time I needed it!

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
i don't know what you're talking about. *whispers sweet nothings to XL man'l chrome* that's crazy, getting attached to a battery. *nuzzles LED* :lol:

:lol: It's ok Belle.... Just as long as the battery doesn't start whispering back to you! Then we might all have to gather together a little support group for ya! ;)

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
I had the same thing happen on a shorty batt, it laid on the sink for 2 weeks and led never did die, and it worked fine until this happened, so I finally sent it back to Steve and got a replacement, there was another post about this same thing awhile back and someone said it's some kind of malfunction and the led could stay on for a very long time because as I understood it, the led dose'nt draw thar much juice from the battery. If it does'nt die in a few days, I'd check with Steve, he'll most likely send you a new one. I;m having some trouble with my new xl right now but thats a different story. Good luck.

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
I had the same thing happen on a shorty batt, it laid on the sink for 2 weeks and led never did die, and it worked fine until this happened, so I finally sent it back to Steve and got a replacement, there was another post about this same thing awhile back and someone said it's some kind of malfunction and the led could stay on for a very long time because as I understood it, the led dose'nt draw thar much juice from the battery. If it does'nt die in a few days, I'd check with Steve, he'll most likely send you a new one. I;m having some trouble with my new xl right now but thats a different story. Good luck.

Thanks Jean. :) I've had this one for a while though- well at least several weeks and I've used the living bajeebers out it, so I'm not going to trouble Steve or the other staff on this one. This one batt has pulled his weight really good up til now! I'll just let it sit for a while til it ever does drain and/or keep trying between, unless anyone else gives me any ideas. If it doesn't decide to come around I'll trying throwing it against the wall or something like froghat said- worth a shot, if not a moment of amusement! :lol:

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Someone on ECF recommended using an dripping a drop or two of alcohol down the threaded end (on an auto) to help unstick a batt that had juice down it. Not too sure I would do that myself..unless you are dead sure it was dead!
Also a sharp rap on a counter is said to help..akin to throwing it across the room!

Just tried the sharp rap on the counter a few times- nothing. Tried blowing in it again - nope. Tried it on the charger again- nope. Not sure if the alcohol would help though since this is a manual...? And I clean my batts weekly so I couldn't imagine it would be too gunked up...?

dracis

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Los Angeles
One of my auto shorties started doing this as well. My wife was vaping with me, and then she held it up to me as the LED wouldn't go out. 8-o I quickly snatched it from her to twist of the sizzling cart.

I remember seeing the video of Leaford sticking a pin in the holes to prop up the post to fix the issue the older batteries had. The video in question is here.
YouTube - How to fix the V4L 65mm "Shortie" Battery

The thing with the older batteries was that there was no draw. Then it got me thinking. "Hey, the battery stays on. It's completely the opposite."

So what I did was take a pin, and stuck it in the draw holes to push down the silicone ring (or whatever it is). It works perfectly fine now, and the draw is the same, if not better. I'm still keeping an eye on the battery, and usually have the cart unscrewed, just in case. Of course, YMMV. ;)

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
I'm not sure if alcohol would hurt it or not, some one had a post about leaving their new batt in their jeans when they washed them and it even went through the dryer and came out just fine, I think you would have to leave it dry out really good though. This winter when I would get new batts they were so cold from the shipping, I would have to leave them lay a day or so before they would work good, I think they maybe got moisture in them from the cold, or maybe they just wanted to get used to their new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread