PT & PCC - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
Ok, So I got a car charger from Mark today. I tried to connect the PT to it and it did not work... Is it just mine, or its not supposed to and its just for connecting the USB charger to? (PT works fine on computer btw)

PCC - My PCC charges turns green when its done.. Then when one of my batts die, I connect it and charge but it does not fully charge my batt.. Is my PCC defective since it is fully charged but wont charge the batt in full?

When I open the case, the led to the left is sometimes flashing.. So i connected the batt to the wall charger and it is still charging..

V4Lis4me

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
FLORIDA
the pt will connect to the car usb adapter...... just takes a little finesse..

your pcc will not charge a batt to the full extent of say, a wall charger..... quite simply..nothing beats a wall charger!

top light on the pcc,
red..... pcc is charging
bottom light on pcc,
blinking, checking batt for charge... ....... red, charging batt (but not to full potential of a wall charger!)

the pcc is a wonder tool though!...
trust me, you will love it!!!

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
the pt will connect to the car usb adapter...... just takes a little finesse..

your pcc will not charge a batt to the full extent of say, a wall charger..... quite simply..nothing beats a wall charger!

top light on the pcc,
red..... pcc is charging
bottom light on pcc,
blinking, checking batt for charge... ....... red, charging batt (but not to full potential of a wall charger!)

the pcc is a wonder tool though!...
trust me, you will love it!!!

Oh trust me, I do love it! Im charging all my batts and will use the PT til I go to bed and most of the day tomorrow so I can have full charge at the NYE party.. I know the PCC will come in handy.. 4 batts fully charged, I dont think I will even need it but, you never know how long Ill stay out.. lol

thood

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
GA
... but using it on its own yeah its a half-assed charge.

Well that must be why i think i have a 'defective' battery. I originally ordered just the PCC which came with one battery - to try. Loved it except I could only get about 10 - 20 min worth of vaping off one charge on the PCC. My ultimate kit came yesterday WOO HOO! -- came with 2 more batteries. Read this thread and ran to plug up the wall charger to see how that works (on the old battery) ........... thanks all!

Quick question on the PT - is it supposed to hiss after taking a draw - acts like it is still sucking up juice to vape.... I'm assuming it's supposed to work that way but seems it will burn alot more juice than using regular batteries?

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Paw Paw, It's an automatic. I have to puff a couple times to getany vapor then it sounds like it is cooking the juice for a few more secs before it is quiet. And the cartomizer gets pretty warm during that time.

That sounds like the auto switch is a bit sticky. That can happen because a little juice leaks down through the hole in the middle of the battery connector.

You could try unplugging it and stand it (battery connector down) into about 1/4" of pure grain alcohol (Everclear) or vodka. Let it sit for an hour or two.

Pull it out, dry it off, and let it sit overnight just to be sure all the alcohol inside evaporates.

Also, you should never, ever leave a PT plugged in when its unattended. We've had a couple of close calls when people did that and the switch stuck. No fires, but there were melted cartos & scorched furniture. 8-o

On the PCC, that does sound like a bum battery. I have 3 PCCs (two are loaners) and they all charge a battery fully.

thood

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
GA
V4L put batteries on sale so I just ordered 2 (1 replacement) as yes, it still wont hold a charge. I also ordered another PT. Just got this one yesterday. I will try the alcohol cleaning you suggested as I am still overfilling my carts just a tad sometimes so you couled be spot on with what is happening with that. Thank you so much for your help!

Ok as I typed this I switched out the cart on the PT and it doesnt seem to be getting quite as warm or hissing after I take a draw so I'm pretty sure you are correct on my PT issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread