If you have a pending PIF with me, please read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
So I've apparently got an addiction. Hubby says no more sending stuff out free, but I can't HELP MYSELF. AHHHHH. Anyway, skrew hubby. I will just have to sneak around :evil:

This means that some of you will have to wait just a little bit for your promised PIF's, I will send them out no later than MONDAY. I PROMISE. I just have to find some time when I can make an excuse to leave the house.. LOL. I might be able to send them out tomorrow morning I just don't know. Here is what I owe:

BiancaMontgomery
25ml TastyFinger
3ml Atomic Cinnacide
2ml Coconut Cream Pie

EmilySunshine

510 Charger

LuckyLulu
510 Battery
510 Atomizer
510 Charger

--

NO LATER THAN MONDAY. Now everyone knows, so you can all beat me up if I don't get it out by then :D

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Is it the money, the time spent being on the forum or ?????

Sounds like you love your husband a lot...you shouldn't have to sneak around or hide your enthusiasm... it might be healthier to put it all out there. Make a solution you can both live with... it might mean you end up cutting back - but cutting back will feel better than hiding etc...

I know it's just vaping, but believe me... as a "formerly" married person, your marriage will be better off in the long run if you don't feel you have to hide something you seem to love as much as ECF and your new smoke-free life style...

PM your addy to me and I'll get something sent your way via PIF or after my next supplies purchase in the next week or two.

Just tell me you didn't go to Vestal for high school ;-) lol

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Is it the money, the time spent being on the forum or ?????

Sounds like you love your husband a lot...you shouldn't have to sneak around or hide your enthusiasm... it might be healthier to put it all out there. Make a solution you can both live with... it might mean you end up cutting back - but cutting back will feel better than hiding etc...

I know it's just vaping, but believe me... as a "formerly" married person, your marriage will be better off in the long run if you don't feel you have to hide something you seem to love as much as ECF and your new smoke-free life style...

PM your addy to me and I'll get something sent your way via PIF or after my next supplies purchase in the next week or two.

Just tell me you didn't go to Vestal for high school ;-) lol

It's not my business how you run your marriage, but I really agree with this.
Just be open and honest about it. Tell him it's PIF (and explain the concept) and that you accepted offers and you need to send out stuff to get stuff.

Then ask him if he thinks it might be better to try the "postage only" free flavors from PIF or have to order (some suppliers don't even have sample sizes) and pay for a whole bottle you wind up not liking.

Hubby made it "my job" to keep us in vaping supplies, so I'm not having the trouble you are about it, I just order what I think we need to get us thru for 3 months at a time from China, then if $ allow, some fun flavors stateside.

I'm sorry I butted in your personal life, but it sounds serious, and we (PIF-ers) don't want you in trouble. We love you:wub:

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Aww you guys are too sweet.

He told me that he thought it was ridiculous to "be sending samples all over the place!" because I have a lot of different TV flavors and I wanted to try new ones.. SO I was sending 6ml bottles out for the favor in return. He said that it was a waste of money to send out one little sample, and that if I wanted to send out a WHOLE bottle for a whole bottle in return, something like that would be okay.

Then he said something along the lines of "I have spend a lot of money on this stuff for you!" He hasn't, I bought most of my new stuff with the money I got from school.. but whatever. Sometimes "we" just means "I" in his world. He went on to say that I should just be happy with what I have for a while.

Well, I mean, that would be grand wouldn't it? But there's just something about this hobby that makes it more fun to swap stuff with other people, give for free and get in return.

My husband is NOT a very giving person. Oh, and let me mention that a friend of mine was almost homeless a while ago and needed 500$ so he wouldn't be homeless. I talked my husband into lending the money with the promise that we would get 150$ a week back. Well dude hasn't sent us back any money so I'm already dealing with his aggravation over that.

So he can be giving but very rarely and under rigid rules.. and it's not because he's a bad person. Keep in mind that I don't have a job. I'm going to school and my husband is working to help support me through it and keep this family fed, clothes, and happy. So he does have a lot on his plate. But at the same time.. We are not poor people. We are not down and out... at all. When his father passed we got left a considerable amount of funds. Not to mention he is a computer technician and makes a decent salary. We also have his mom to help us out with small stuff like clothes for the baby, etc.

Honestly, I understand where he's coming from. But we are at place where we are totally able to spare a little money here and there for some people who aren't as lucky but he just doesn't see it that way. It's like he forms a plan in his mind about where all the money should go and if I spend it on something else it becomes the end of the world.

I don't know how to sit down and talk with him about stuff like this because he is very stubborn and won't listen. And if he does listen for half a second he usually informs me that it's his money and I don't have any right to argue which is like okay, kind of messed up, but I don't have a job and I'm not contributing to the house hold funds so I can usually let that go.

He spends a lot of money on himself. A pack of cigarettes (or more, sometimes) a day not to mention another habit that costs about 70$ a week that we won't talk about. I feel like that if I have found this new hobby that makes me happy, keeps me from smoking, and makes me new friends.. I should be able to do it.. even if i have to sneak around..

well put, and exactly ....... i know how ya feel. i dont work either, but on rare occasions, help my sis in law in her business, staging homes. But my hubby, is more understanding cuz he vapes too.. he's the one that found this site... soooo, is easier for me to explain it. but he like's more tobacco flavors, and me ...i wanna try it all.. LOL..give it time, he'll be more understanding as time goes by (hopefully)...but dont hold ur breath!
just dont argue..doesnt go ne where w/ men.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
My hubby has done the same thing, I just don't tell him anymore. lol Really, a buck here and there to send out something I won't/can't/don't use is worth it to get something I will/can/do use.

Exactly. So instead of saying I am sneaking around.. let's change it to... I'm just not telling him! :p

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
Sallana,
A lot of grocery stores sell books of stamps right at the cash register. You could grab a book of stamps each week when you get groceries. Then just pop some stamps on your outgoing package and give it to the mailman who delivers your mail. You can avoid the trip to the post office altogether.
Just a thought.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Sallana,
A lot of grocery stores sell books of stamps right at the cash register. You could grab a book of stamps each week when you get groceries. Then just pop some stamps on your outgoing package and give it to the mailman who delivers your mail. You can avoid the trip to the post office altogether.
Just a thought.

I have thought of that a couple times but therein lies a few problems.. This would work with 3ml bottles in a bubble mailer I suppose. But how do I know how many stamps to put on it?

Also as of right now, I'm sending out some hardware and I don't think that a couple stamps are gonna do it for that :p

But I do like that idea for small bottles of juice... Is that what you do? Where can I get some good, small bubble mailers? Been looking everywhere..

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I have a pocket postal scale that can accurately weigh packages up to 1 pound. It was only a couple of dollars for the scale at an office supply store.

My local Dollar store sells bubble envelopes 2 for $1.

I just put on one stamp for each ounce the package weighs. If it is over a pound, it needs to go to the post office. Small packages go through fine.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I have a pocket postal scale that can accurately weigh packages up to 1 pound. It was only a couple of dollars for the scale at an office supply store.

My local Dollar store sells bubble envelopes 2 for $1.

I just put on one stamp for each ounce the package weighs. If it is over a pound, it needs to go to the post office. Small packages go through fine.

That's great to know, Adja, thank you! It's easy to figure how much the samples weigh as a whole bottle of TV is 1 ounce :p

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Thanks for all the help! I will have to hit up a dollar store next time I go grocery shopping. (the two are right next to each other) and pick up some bubble mailers. Stocking up on that stuff will surely make sending samples out easier! Now if I could just get my hands on some sample bottles.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread