IgoW need mor vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
Ok I got my Igo-W set up with dual micro's at .5 ohms. Cotton wicks. Drilled out the air holes to 1/16". Soak the wicks with five pawns grand master. Thought, This is gonna be great! Wrong! First hit was ok, but not great. Second pull was kinda hot and not much flavor.
after several pulls on this thing I found that if I hit it really hard Deep lung hit I can get a halfway decent cloud but the flavor is still severely lacking.
I then put on my R 91 with a single 1.2 ohm coil and the cloud and flavor are way better than the Igo. So far I am not impressed. What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
hot spots? hows the wick to wire contact - good? or do you have the cotton a little too loose in there?

When using cotton you should always have it very snug in there, the looser you get the cotton the more prone you are to dry hits and nasty flavors (from experience).

Widen them airholes, as others have said. If you are firing low ohm you need large airholes, proper circulation will aid in a few things but the biggest one is it will produce more vapor and add to a cleaner hit. There really isn't a thing with juice to worry about, however thick juices (bobas bounty ect) will require more soaking time I have found before you vape.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
Thanks for all the replys. I will try opening the air holes a little more. Right now I'm scared to even try it as my lungs are a little sore from last nights trial!
What's a good size for air holes ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
hot spots? hows the wick to wire contact - good? or do you have the cotton a little too loose in there?

When using cotton you should always have it very snug in there, the looser you get the cotton the more prone you are to dry hits and nasty flavors (from experience).

Widen them airholes, as others have said. If you are firing low ohm you need large airholes, proper circulation will aid in a few things but the biggest one is it will produce more vapor and add to a cleaner hit. There really isn't a thing with juice to worry about, however thick juices (bobas bounty ect) will require more soaking time I have found before you vape.
Thanks for the advice. I do think I have good amount of wick, maybe a little too much. But I have a single coil 1.2 ohm set up on another Igo and It gives me a better vape than this dual coil setup.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thanks for all the replys. I will try opening the air holes a little more. Right now I'm scared to even try it as my lungs are a little sore from last nights trial!
What's a good size for air holes ?

I purchased my Igo-W from Captivape(when it first hit the shelves),they no longer offer the special for this RDA, with special drilled out caps,mine are 2.5mm on each side.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
I purchased my Igo-W from Captivape(when it first hit the shelves),they no longer offer the special for this RDA, with special drilled out caps,mine are 2.5mm on each side.
Wow, 2.5 mm is huge! I'm liking mine at about 2.26 mm, but...I'm already getting spoiled. I want more! I want more! So I may try it.
Only problem I have now is a problem you guys probably can't help with is I can't put the God d**** thing down now! Back in my long distant past we called it, "chasing the dragon".

Last edited:

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
I have mine at 3/32 (2.3mm?). At first I was kicking myself for going one more size up. I put a smaller bore drip tip on it and I love it now. Just fyi if you go up a size and hate it, a captivape drip tip will tighten up the draw just a bit. I'm sure there are others too, but I don't know which ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread