Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
i have 2 ijoy INR 26650 3.7V 4200mAh 40A high drain batteries. Unfortunately they appear to be too short to work in a new Asmodus Thor Stabwood. It came with an 18650 sleeve and it’s working fine.

Is there a way to make the iJoys work? I remember seeing some thread about magnets or spacers or maybe I dreamt it up.

Thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is there a way to make the iJoys work? I remember seeing some thread about magnets or spacers or maybe I dreamt it up.
Not a good idea to use magnets or spacers. What if you accidentally dropped your mod and dislodged the magnet or spacer? It could short out the battery and your pretty metal tube mod inconveniently becomes a pipe bomb. I hate it when that happens. ;)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
D8A9732A-0D36-4478-B256-F65119BB8F1C.jpeg
I’m not the brightest bulb in the draw if y’all haven’t noticed.

I spent several hours researching battery lengths to see which ones were longer than the iJoys. Only to notice this morning that there’s a screw in the battery cap that adjusts for the battery length o_O !!

• Winner
Reactions: CagedSpam

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
View attachment 784911 I’m not the brightest bulb in the draw if y’all haven’t noticed.

I spent several hours researching battery lengths to see which ones were longer than the iJoys. Only to notice this morning that there’s a screw in the battery cap that adjusts for the battery length o_O !!

Sometimes the simplest solutions are not the most obvious. Good to see you found a solution, and enjoy that mod – she’s a beaut :thumb:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Looks like there is an adjustment screw on the battery door. Put 26650 in screw in adjustment until it works!
Screw it back out so the 18650 with the adapter will fit. (or not:confused: I don't have one)

I don’t know how I missed seeing this post but I did. I just finally saw that screw adjustment. I wish I had I would’ve saved myself a lot of aggravation lol! Thanks for helping tho!!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Sometimes the simplest solutions are not the most obvious. Good to see you found a solution, and enjoy that mod – she’s a beaut :thumb:

Totally true. I once tried to install a battery in a Pico at the BOTTOM of the mod, by using a screwdriver! Then someone here pointed out the very obvious part on top of the mod where you put the battery. I still can’t believe I was so dumb! My funeral has been held several times from me dying of embarrassment! [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread