IJOY Captain PD270 firmware update has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeChemo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, USA
  1. Download and extract the contents of the IJOY Update installer zip file: 201611151602281294.zip

2. Run "IJOY Update installer.exe" to install the software. This will install the "IJOY Update" program on your Windows PC.

3. Remove atomizer/tank from the Captain.

4. Open the battery door but do not remove the batteries.

5. While pressing the fire button, close the battery door.

6. Connect your Captain PD270 to your PC with the provided USB cable.

7. Run "IJOY Update" and click the 'Choose' button to open "The Captain PD270_v1.4.dfu" file.

8. Click the 'Update' button.

ijoy.jpg

9. Disconnect the Captain from the PC.

10. Open and close the battery door while watching the mod's display to verify you have successfully updated the firmware to v1.4.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Tonee N

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Has anyone seen a new (not the 18650 one) version of the captain? There's a new version out on line without the carbon fiber looking side stickers. I'm not sure if it's a fake. Please help?
They were going to have a lot of different skins for it. I have no idea where you would get them though.
201704271923318390.jpg

Fasttech has them all listed as OOS or discontinued, I guess they were not a big seller.
$2.41 Authentic IJOY Captain PD270 Self-adhesive Skin Sticker at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I was having issues with version 1.3. Wrong ohm reading with SS316L. I build a 0.50 resistance and while my old mod was reading the values correctly the captain shown 0.38-0.40 ohm. After updating the mod to version 1.5. I switched on the device and It was reading 0.53 ohm. So the reading is correct now. Great job IJOY!.
Too bad TC still does not work and the Captain will fire full power if there is a TCR issue with your build. Also the TCR M1/M2 values still only go to 200 and it will reset back to power mode from M1 or M2 TC mode when take out the batteries.

But yes, they did appear to get the Captain to read resistance correctly.

Baby steps... A properly functioning APV is foreign territory for iJoy. :lol:

Reactions: Lande

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Maybe they are working on it?. Let's wait for the next software update to see if this issue gets fixed. Honestly I have only been vaping for a year and I have the captain with a dual coil Ammit atomizer but I always use power mode. I have never tried temperature control :p
Then you will probably never see an issue with any of the firmware. Power mode for the most part just works, you bump it up to where you like the vape. :) :thumb:

Reactions: Tonee N

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Yes, in both. I try several different tanks and RDAs on all of my mods to see what the difference is in resistance, volts, amps, and wattage. Some mods hit harder than others, in my case, especially the Steampunk Nano 120. The resistance is only off by maybe .03 at most. My Smok 2/4 was giving me the "do not push your safeties" warning everyday since I got it but that glitch went away soon after. I've just come to realize that no matter what piece of electronics it is, there is going to be an issue. As long as my batteries are good I'm not going to strip my mods apart to look for a possible fault. If it don't work then I send it to the manufacturer.
Backups for the backups.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Baby steps... A properly functioning APV is foreign territory for iJoy. [emoji38]

Yeah, I learnt that with these RDTA Box, though I still really, really, really hoped that the Captain would be different.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread