IJOY Captain PD270 firmware update has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Is there any changelog to those updates? There is no real reason to update if there is nothing new than the versionnumber....
We've asked them for a changelog to be included in the update files but no luck.

There is more to the update than just a version number change, new issues sometimes appear with each increment. :)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
hi does any one have the files for v1.5 and the tool i need to update the ijoy captain as ive been trying to get on to the webiste and for some reson is not letting not sure if is just me but ive also tryed it on my phone website wnt load thank you

Three website is down for me to :(
I'l try again later :)

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
@TrollDragon are you on v1.5? Should I update?
I'm still on v1.4 over 8,000 puffs on both My counters :)
Still working Fine :) Running Supreme +'s on Titanium, in TC mode.
It would be nice if the resistance lock was adjustable like a Yihi chip!
Yes I've had v1.5 since the day it was released and I forget what they updated now. I have totally given up on TC with the Captain, with the latest update the mod will fire at full power if your TCR or resistance is a bit off... Unlike other mods that will throw a TCR Error (Arctic Fox) or drop you back to VW mode, the Captain will fire at the maximum power available for the resistance. iJoy hasn't a clue IMHO and this is not their first rodeo.

I doubt will will ever see a properly working firmware from them, the latest version still resets to VW mode if you take the batteries out while using a custom TCR mode. And the TCR values still only go to 200.

If the v1.4 is working for you then I would say stick with it and enjoy. I only use the Captain for a VW mod these days with a pair of VTC4's. I've taken the 20700's out of it for my DIY iPWM box. ;)

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
I just upgraded it, there are 2 files A1.6 and V1.6. If you download the wrong version it will give you a distorted screen at the top.
The NEW items I have seen is the TC and TCR for AS works ALOT better and it asks if you have changed coils.
That's it so far.
Hth

Sent from the future
I just upgraded it, there are 2 files A1.6 and V1.6. If you download the wrong version it will give you a distorted screen at the top.
The NEW items I have seen is the TC and TCR for AS works ALOT better and it asks if you have changed coils.
That's it so far.
Hth

Sent from the future
so which is the right version?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Still has the following problems.

- TCR input value does not go above 200.
- Using TCR M1 or M2 mode will reset back to VW mode when you take the batteries out to charge.

And the nasty one where the Captain will fire at FULL POWER in TC mode. Instead of hitting temperature protection immediately, showing a TCR error or dropping out of TC mode like most other mods do, the Captain stomps that loud pedal to the floor.

You can test this yourself with a regular build. Just switch it over to TC, any mode and settings don't matter. You can even set it to 5W/300F if you like, hit the fire button and within a second the Captain is running wide open. Be prepared to change out burnt wick if you are using a small gauge build.

This happens with a TC build as well, so it makes it quite difficult to dial in a wire like SS430 that uses a custom TCR.

iJoy or their fanboi admin deleted my (No Hate) post about this on their FB group. I've had enough of the "Crazy bout Dem Hand Checks" and the "Clouds Bro Clouds" mentality so I'm done there.

As a side note, it was really good to see all the happy Capo Squonker owners posting about what a PoS it is. Didn't expect a buck only device that works best at 55W? Too bad they used the regular Capo documentation showing TC support and all that just to get it to market... :lol:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Mine is on V1.2. I have not updated since purchase.
I don't know if you can jump directly to 1.6 from 1.2. iJoy still has V1.5 available on their site, so you might need to put that on first.

The A1.6 firmware is for the the Captain that displays A1.5 on boot up.

Reactions: Dropmyload

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
I vape in wattage mod, so have noticed 2 changes (maybe 3). Better display, looks clearer. Reading ohms better, using Valyrian with 0.15 ohms, now reads 0.14 rather than 0.12 in V1.2. Thirdly, it feels more powerful...I vape at a lowly 57 watts, but the vapor feels warmer. Maybe its nothing.

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread