Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I build almost every night. I find it relaxing... it's my zen meditation. But I know that since the FDAs crackdown on shops' building practices that sales and use of rebuildables have slumped. Don't look at YouTube... Go talk to a local B&M...

I was initially excited, then, when the Kanger Dripbox line came out because they allowed the use of drop in coils in an RDA. Unfortunately, the RDA was squonk only, only available in 22mm, and a bit lackluster. Back when I reviewed it, I begged for a standalone version of the RDA with upgrades... no joy...

A couple days ago, I saw that iJoy is coming out with a new kit called the Combo SRDA. It will squonk or not, is 25mm, comes in a variety of colors, and has drop in coils. Yay! What remains to be seen is whether the drop in coils can be rebuilt, or if it comes with a rebuildable deck. They can be rewicked. Looks like the coils come in 0.13 and 0.1 resistances. A little lower than I like to run on my mechs, but...

And, it's dirt cheap!

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-COMBO-SRDA.html

In the cart...

b599db6b4adc4eacf3223677d2d4d339.jpg
63ea753ace00fb7485d3eceb9817478c.jpg
b17313a6456a6e502720d68d4c574430.jpg
dd3b998f4ac21e8542760f2e99f75a16.jpg
83e2105bdb6e57aec2e50e87106c007d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Maybe... I've never had an issue with their atomizers, though. For a while they WERE the RDTA people...

I agree. Their attys are good. I personally have an Ijoy Maxo that is flawless so far but I know a few people that have had other mods that weren't so good.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I build almost every night. I find it relaxing... it's my zen meditation. But I know that since the FDAs crackdown on shops' building practices that sales and use of rebuildables have slumped. Don't look at YouTube... Go talk to a local B&M...

I was initially excited, then, when the Kanger Dripbox line came out because they allowed the use of drop in coils in an RDA. Unfortunately, the RDA was squonk only, only available in 22mm, and a bit lackluster. Back when I reviewed it, I begged for a standalone version of the RDA with upgrades... no joy...

A couple days ago, I saw that iJoy is coming out with a new kit called the Combo SRDA. It will squonk or not, is 25mm, comes in a variety of colors, and has drop in coils. Yay! What remains to be seen is whether the drop in coils can be rebuilt, or if it comes with a rebuildable deck. They can be rewicked. Looks like the coils come in 0.13 and 0.1 resistances. A little lower than I like to run on my mechs, but...

And, it's dirt cheap!

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-COMBO-SRDA.html

In the cart...

b599db6b4adc4eacf3223677d2d4d339.jpg
63ea753ace00fb7485d3eceb9817478c.jpg
b17313a6456a6e502720d68d4c574430.jpg
dd3b998f4ac21e8542760f2e99f75a16.jpg
83e2105bdb6e57aec2e50e87106c007d.jpg

I'm with you on the 0.1 and 0.13 resistances but i'm sure when this get reviewed etc and this is pointed out it will be addressed, manufacturers seem these days to be listening to vapers.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
After doing a few reviews of RDA's you do start to know if one is going to be good on flavour just looking at the shape and dimensions along with how the airflow is lined up in relationship with the coil. Obviously it will also be down to using coils with large surface area. Looking at this it's saying "Great flavour" (just a gut feeling).

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Ijoy is doubling down on the SRDA concept by bundlingnit with their Capo Squonker. Maybe this is to replace the Combo Triangle RDA that the 1st gen came with...

By the by, the silicone bottle that the Capo comes with is my all-time fave. It's got thickened sides so it doesn't accidentally squeeze when installing, and a thinned out front that make squonking easy.

That bottle, 100 watts, lots of battery options (18650, 20700, 21700), and a replaceable coil RDA make this a kit to contend with!
494b6a2f9990b2574a1e0695ba0a0aa0.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yay! The iJoy Combo SRDA has landed.

I've only had this in my hot little hands... OK, I've just come in from outside, so my hands aren't hot, and I have about an 11-inch span, but, whatever... for about 15 minutes.

I hate to say this, but it's a real mixed bag...

Pros:
  • With the preinstalled 0.13 Ω coil head (they look to be fused claptons of some make), the vape is great. The ramp up quick.
  • The coils can be easily rewicked.
Cons:
  • You will likely HAVE to rewick the coils because the amount of cotton in them is way too much IMO
  • You will want to pulse the coils... mine had a nasty hot spot.
  • The coil heads are not rebuildable.
  • The RDA did not come with any decks.
  • The RDA is squonk only... Or, rather, the coil heads are squonk only.
I know that looks like a longer list of cons than pros... OK, it IS a longer list of cons than pros... BUT, the vape is great. I'm getting a very warm, saturated vape at 75 watts (3.24 V, 23 Amps... well within the safety range of the Capo with a 5-leg iJoy 20700 installed, and well under what the Capo is capable of).

In my not-so-humble opinion, this SRDA bundled with the Capo Squonker is a near perfect DL SubOhm squonk starter kit.

This SRDA on a mech squonker is pushing the battery to its limits (right at 32 Amps at 4.2 V... which, after voltage drop...). Doable, but perhaps not advisable, and, quite frankly, a VERY hot vape.

This SRDA on a mech tube or box (non-squonk) is a non-starter or a very leaky mess.

I would like to see a build deck included with the RDA, coil heads available in the 0.2+ Ω range. and a plug for the squonk hole in the 510 OR separate coil heads designed for non-squonk applications.

Remember, this is only after a VERY short period of use... My feelings may change as time progresses, and I will report them here.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Yay! The iJoy Combo SRDA has landed.

I've only had this in my hot little hands... OK, I've just come in from outside, so my hands aren't hot, and I have about an 11-inch span, but, whatever... for about 15 minutes.

I hate to say this, but it's a real mixed bag...

Pros:
  • With the preinstalled 0.13 Ω coil head (they look to be fused claptons of some make), the vape is great. The ramp up quick.
  • The coils can be easily rewicked.
Cons:
  • You will likely HAVE to rewick the coils because the amount of cotton in them is way too much IMO
  • You will want to pulse the coils... mine had a nasty hot spot.
  • The coil heads are not rebuildable.
  • The RDA did not come with any decks.
  • The RDA is squonk only... Or, rather, the coil heads are squonk only.
I know that looks like a longer list of cons than pros... OK, it IS a longer list of cons than pros... BUT, the vape is great. I'm getting a very warm, saturated vape at 75 watts (3.24 V, 23 Amps... well within the safety range of the Capo with a 5-leg iJoy 20700 installed, and well under what the Capo is capable of).

In my not-so-humble opinion, this SRDA bundled with the Capo Squonker is a near perfect DL SubOhm squonk starter kit.

This SRDA on a mech squonker is pushing the battery to its limits (right at 32 Amps at 4.2 V... which, after voltage drop...). Doable, but perhaps not advisable, and, quite frankly, a VERY hot vape.

This SRDA on a mech tube or box (non-squonk) is a non-starter or a very leaky mess.

I would like to see a build deck included with the RDA, coil heads available in the 0.2+ Ω range. and a plug for the squonk hole in the 510 OR separate coil heads designed for non-squonk applications.

Remember, this is only after a VERY short period of use... My feelings may change as time progresses, and I will report them here.
Yes manufacturers do like their cotton, i rewicked mine also. The cotton issue is part of the reason (in my opinion) why stock coil flavour is so far behind RDA and RTA flavour, not so much how much cotton but how tightly they pack it. Mind the design of the reusable coil head makes this a seconds job to rewick and looking at the head plenty of room to easily clean the coils when needed.

Mine actually came out at 1.2 which was in range and i am currently chain vaping because i want to get that coil gunked up as soon as possible that's because i have found in the past when i have cleaned up coils and rewicked there is quite a change in resistance and i want to see if the resistance stays stable (will give some indication on if these can be rewicked over and over again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread