The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

iJoy RDTA Mini keeps showing no atomizer warning

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by goalie, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    I got my iJoy unit about a week ago and this warning keeps popping up. Sometimes if I unscrew the atomizer then screw it back in, I get afew puffs then it comes back on. I did change the atomizer afew days ago in case it was defective, but now its come back with the new one.

Are the factory RBM coil systems this bad that they burn out this quickly? Is there something else wrong?

The unit does come with some coils and a head to mount them to. Do those usually last longer than the pre-made coil systems? I'm happy to switch to using that with coils vs the pre-built systems if they will last longer.

This is my first RDTA system so I'm not sure how these normally operate :)

Thanks

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    You’ve got a connection problem of some kind. Could be a lot of things. dirty contacts, a badly installed cartridge, not enough protrusion of your center pin on the atty, or possibly a manufacturing fault or n either the atty or the mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    the cartridge was working fine. I didn't make any changes to it or unscrew/mess with it until the error came up. That's what has me baffled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Sounds like the 510 pin in the mod(where you screw the atty or rba into) is just barely making a connection. Is this the only mod you have? Have you tried the tank on another mod to see if it works ok?

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    Its not really a tank. its a coil platform with a cotton wick on it so I can't really put it on another device. I could for a brief test at least.. I'll do that today. My other devices are all external tank devices so they don't have the reservoir for the wick to go into.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Huh? Sounds like an RDA, but RDAs don’t take cartridges normally. What model is this?

7. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    Ijoy rdta mini
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 1
  8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ah. that thing. Cant change mods because its an aio rdta. im afraid i dont know much about its inner workings its quite new and fairly unique. you buy it at a brick and mortar place or online?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    Online. They offer 30 day returns. Going to call them and see if I can do an exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    Just tried something.. I didn't put the mod in quite as tight and it seems to be working now.. is that a standard thing? Can overtightening cause the connection to have issues?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Overtightening, generally, can cause issues, yes. You don't want anything so tight that you are stressing the metal/connection. I have an AOI kit that I'm using that I won and I want to review it, and keeping things loose (although not crazy loose) seems to be the way to go.

You may have damaged it, or simply were overtightening it. I might use it for a while and make sure the fault doesn't crop up again before warrantying it, if you have the time to do so.

Anna

12. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    Thanks for that feedback. I just didn't want it so loose that it could leak in my pocket, but I think with the o ring I should be ok with it where its at now. I have acouple more weeks before the 30 day return period is up, so I think I'll try it for afew more days and see if this resolves the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.