ijoy rdta

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Its giving me a real hard time making me cough like a mother****** not sure what I'm doing wrong Clapton coils 0.22 ohm at 60 w now and can't even take a 2 second draw and I start coughing and choking . could someone explain to me what they mean by a genesis style tank is it met for mtl or DL ? I was really happy got this tanlk and the limitless for 22$ for both in a closing sale . the juice I'm using is homemade mandarin orange 75 VG 25 pg at 6.5 mg nic

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
A genesis Style atty is usually an tank on the bottom and is wicked up to the coil. I would say wicking the clapton with a ginny could pose a problem of getting enough liquid to feed the coil. Back in the day we used ceramic and stainless mesh wicks not sure how Ijoy is doing their version. To improve wicking we tilted the tank back and worth the make the liquid move better. Oh when you had them right they produced great vaper and flavor

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Which deck are you using?
Coil placement can affect them alot.
I have the Limitless classic on my alien now which is basically what replaced the combo. Velocity deck currently.
Doesn't sound like cloud production is your issue with coughing since you have a fairly cloudy collection.
How is the flavor? Burnt tasting at all? Is it spitting juice when vaped?
Have you used that build in a different atomizer?
Can you maybe post a pic of your build?

I have never claimed to be an expert but my rdta's never seemed to vape different than my rda's etc.
I'm sure with the collective knowledge on this forum we will figure it out.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
They are regulated , i am using the velocity deck with dual fused Clapton 3.0 diameter at 0.22 ohm its cracking and popping maybe tomorrow I'll build some plain kanthal coils and try that for some reasons I never really liked Clapton's I put them on because they came with the kit maybe that's my problem and its not producing the vapor I'm used to but the flavor is there

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I didn't really like claptons until I started using ss wire.
Now my standard build is a fused clapton.

Honestly I have never really trusted coils sent with anything. Usually they don't tell you the material and they may not be the cleanest.
Let us know what happens when you rebuild.
I will do that thanks

Reactions: Letitia

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
If it's cracking and popping, there might be not enough wicking in those coils.

Have you checked for hotspots? If not, that can also be a reason for that uncomfortable vape, as the liquid doesn't get vaporized evenly.

The flat kanthal claptons that come in the IJoy packages are usually fine. Not the best I ever had, but not the worst either. But experiences and taste may vary of course.

Reactions: Tonee N

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
If it's cracking and popping, there might be not enough wicking in those coils.

Have you checked for hotspots? If not, that can also be a reason for that uncomfortable vape, as the liquid doesn't get vaporized evenly.

The flat kanthal claptons that come in the IJoy packages are usually fine. Not the best I ever had, but not the worst either. But experiences and taste may vary of course.
Yes i did all of those step its getting better now perhaps it needed a little working in thanks

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread